The Funeral

John: are you ok honey?

Katy: no. I will be though. Eventually.

John: I know I don't understand how you are feeling right now but I'm trying to be considerate.

Katy: I know and I love you for that. Are the kids ready?

John: they should be. Kids! Are you guys already?

All 5 of them: ya.

John: let's go. We're gonna be late.

Katy: thank you John

John: for what?

Katy: everything

John: you're welcome baby

*after the funeral*
Mary: Katy. I really appreciate you having the lunch in at your house

Katy: thank you. It's the least I could do.

Mary: your father would be proud of you for opening your house to everyone.

Katy: Mom don't. I can't do this yet. I just miss him you know.

Mary: I know love.

Angela: Katy. Are you ok? Your kids don't seem ok. You should go talk to them.

Katy: Ang I know your just trying to help but my kids would tell me if they were hurting and needed talking. And no I'm not ok. Our dad and brother just died.

Angela: Katy. Look at your kids. Do they look ok?

Katy: no

Angela: k. Then go talk to them

Katy: but they said they would tell me if they needed something and they were upset.

Angela: think about it. They know how hurt their mom is right now. They aren't going to tell you they need something or make you talk to them. They know that would make it worse for you.

Katy: you're right. What about my husband. Do you think they have talked to him?

Angela: Probably.

Katy: I love you.

Angela: I love you too lil sis