Welcome Home

*Katy's POV*
The twins get to come home today. John still has to be here for a little whole longer. John was more critical than the twins were. I don't know why they keep getting in car accidents. I need to ask John why he thinks he got in the accident. I haven't seen him as much as I see the twins. Mostly because the twins are two and I don't want them to be scared and because the driver that John collided with told me his version of the story. He said that John hit him. I don't know why John would do that. Especially with his kids.

Nurse: Mrs. Mayer. The twins are ready for release. I just need you to come sign some papers please and then you will be all set.

Katy: k. Thank you. I'll just be a second. I'm going to go say bye to my husband.

Nurse: k. Just make it fast. He has a Check up he has to do in a minute

Katy: k. I'll just say bye.

John: hey baby

Katy: hi love. I'm just coming to say bye.  I'm taking the twins home. They told me I had to hurry so I'll make it quick.

John: I know this isn't the time but I'm glad you took Sawyer. I don't know how I could live with myself if she got hurt.

Katy: what do you mean. It's called an accident for a reason. It was an accident.

John: not exactly.

Katy: what do you mean not exactly?!

John: I sort of had been drinking a little before I had left. I was at Caleb's. They told me not to drive but I wouldn't listen.

Katy: I can't do this right now. I have to go.

John: Katy wait. I can explain

Katy: no. We're not doing this here.

John: Katy!

Kinzey: why did you seem so mad at daddy?

Katy: it's hard to explain honey. It's adult stuff. Don't work ok love.

Kinzey: ok mama. I love you.

Katy: I love you too honey.

*at home after the twins were in bed. Katy is nursing Sawyer while talking to her mom who is staying with Katy till everyone is better*

Katy: mom. Why would he drink and drive. He had our kids.

Mary: I don't know honey. But it is something you guys need to talk about when he gets home.

Katy: I know when I signed the release papers for the twins they told me John would only have to be there for two more days.

Mary: you need to do it then. I can stay with the kids and you guys go to guest house to talk. If you guys start fighting then I don't want the kids to hear you

Katy: Thank you Mom. I really appreciate you helping me.

Mary: of course sweetie.