The 2nd Selection

3rd Person Pov

Sipping on his cup of tea, Ego stared at Y/N's form in the corridor. He got most of what he wanted to see in the boy, but there's still more to draw out, a lot more. Using his high physical stats to copy other's weapons and use it in moderation with his own.....how egotistical.

Ego: Being the one with the most goals in the first selection... this means nothing for now, he will score more, he is my greatest project after all

Y/N L/N stats:
20 Goals
10 assists
30 Steals

As he organized his thoughts, there was another with access to the same feed of the match between Team J and Team H. A young prodigy who had no faith in the future of japanese soccer until he heard of the Blue Lock project. He had low expectations for seeing anything worthwhile, something that changed when he became entranced with a certain player.

Ego: Soon, Ai Hoshino will make her debut as a coach instead of an idol for my special Blue Lock Eleven, let's see if she really is worth all the hype.

Team J- 30 Goals- 15 Points- 5 W 0 D 0 L
Team H- 15 goals- 10 points- 3 W 1D 1 L
Team F- 9 Goals - 7 points- 2 W 1 D 2 L
Team G- 5 points- 1 W 2 D 2L
Team I- 0 points- 0 W 0 D 5 L

With that being said, the only person Y/N found challenging was Yukimiya and that his ability was the only thing that made him stronger, which was his dribbling which made his overcome anyone in a 1 one 1. However, he instead chose his Gyro Shot instead since his speed and acceleration was more than enough, for now.

Ego: Hey, hey, Diamonds in the rough. As of now, the First Selection is complete. Well... almost. While you were all killing yourselves with the matches, the first sanctum were excused from the first selection to try out new technology. So, for these two weeks, be grateful that I'm allowing you to use these equipment. As for football training, you won't be able to touch the ball for that period of time! If you do, then FUCK OFF

The two weeks were hell, barely any breaks in the middle, just endurance training over and over until every player were on their knees and practically had no sleep at all.

Ai: Good luck, Y/N, for us!

Time skip

You: COME ON SHIDOU!! JUST 2 MORE WIND SPRINTS!!

Shidou: Ahh, I'm gonna fucking die!!

Ding dong

"The first selection has now been complete. Report to the central basement of your area immediately..."

A collective sigh of relief could be heard. Almost all of Team J had bags under their eyes, showing how tired they were from the hell 2 weeks of training they went through. But, it was over now... not!

As soon as every team went in, they saw those they knew and those who were have said to have their career in tatters. In the beginning, Ego told them that each team had their own letter ranging from A-Z. A was known as the strongest team and Z would be regarded as the weakest. Contrary to this belief though, the remaining teams only ranged from V-Z. Not only that, they look just as tired and drained as them. As for the rest who were named J, H, or other, they were also believed to be still weaker regardless.

Ego: Good work on your physical conditioning. If you're astute, you might have already noticed. There are no players from Buildings 1, 2, 3, or 4 in here. That's because only Building 5 exists in Blue Lock. You all believed you were the very bottom of the pile, an battled through the first selection filled with stupid desperation.

A lot of people complained

Ego: Yeah yeah, now shut the fuck up. I'm calling those sentiments half-baked. Listen, take Noel Noa as an example. He's currently the best striker in the world, but he grew up in a slum in France. Surrounded by crime and poverty, the only way to change his fate was with a ball. Soccer was literally his only option. There are countless strikers in the world with this same very story. Their hunger for goals is immeasurable. Since you were all born and raised in Japan, where losing doesn't affect your life Blue Lock exists to give you that hunger this country can't instill in you. We will now begin Blue Lock's second selection. The first selection was about finding what it means to be a striker, and turning zero into one. From here on, it'll be a battle of multiplying that one into 100 on this cutting-edge training field.