Chapter 3

This morning, Luna decides to drop into a little convenience store on her way to the university. A lot of students prefer to take the train, which is just around the corner from her. But it's only a 30-minute walk, so she'd rather wake up early and walk to school, enjoying the early morning crispness and listening to the bustling around her. She hasn't been able to enjoy the world around her before, and it brings her this sense of contentment, so why not?

A little ding can be heard above her as she swings the door open, revealing the tiny convenience store. The person behind the counter glances up from their phone, nodding in her direction.

"Welcome," He mutters, sounding disinterested.

Perfect. Luna grins, nodding towards the young cashier.

She moves down the aisle towards the fridges full of drinks. She eyes a delicious-looking bottle of iced mocha, the condensation glinting enticingly. She must be tired to be eyeing a simple bottle of caffeine with so much longing. She reaches for the handle to open the fridge, only to find someone else's hand already there. She pulls back instantly, looking up at the person to apologise.

"Oh, good morning, Luna," He beams, swinging open the fridge. His hair is styled today, his curly locks tame and combed as they fall in front of his face. His eyes are bright, too bright for this time of day. It's that weird guy again. What was his name?

"Good morning," Luna mumbles, too busy feeling rude to try to ignore him again.

"What are you after?" He asks, holding the door open for her. She quickly grabs the cold mocha drink, nodding towards him as thanks.

"Are you on your way to school?" He asks, closing the door after grabbing a juice for himself. She nods again, racking her brain for any mention of his name.

Why can't I remember it? Why?

"Me too," He smirks, "It's Taehyung by the way... Kim Taehyung,"

"Right," Luna chuckles, "Sorry..."

Wait, how did he know I forgot his name?! She looks up at him, a little flustered. He called her out so comfortably. Can he read her mind?

"It's okay, I could see it in your eyes," He leans towards her, wiggling his finger at her eyes with that cute grin. She frowns, taking a step back from him. Why is he even here?

He pulls the drink from her hand, spinning around to head to the counter. She potters behind him, following him to the front of the store.

"Yah, give it back," She mumbles, trying to reach for her drink without touching him. He turns so she can't reach it, placing the drinks on the counter.

The bored cashier scans the two drinks, and Taehyung pays for them. When it is all done, he grabs the drinks and leaves the store with Luna following closely behind him. Once they are outside, he passes it to her.

"Here you go," He says, "Let's walk together, yeah?"

She pouts slightly, looking down at the drink in her hand. It wasn't an expensive drink, but she doesn't like it when people buy things for her.

Anyone who spends money wants something, Luna repeats to herself. That has been the case for her entire life. So, what does this airhead want from her?

"Don't do that," She murmurs.

"Do what? Buy you a drink?" He scoffs, "It was nothing, don't worry about it," He waves her off, turning in the direction she needs to walk. He cocks his brow at her, gesturing down the little street with his head.