Chapter 40

Early hours of the morning... a few hours after the 'negotiations' with The Eye...

"Luna, please let me explain," Namjoon sighs, closing her apartment door behind him.

"No, Namjoon, I will not be Faith permanently," She looks back at him, folding her arms, "I got my revenge, that's it. I need to go to work in a few hours, so I need some sleep,"

She gestures to her front door, indicating that he needs to leave, before moving towards her bathroom. She showers, washing all the drying blood from her skin, and placing her stained clothes in a plastic bag.

When she re-enters the room, Namjoon is still there, sitting at her dining table patiently. She rolls her eyes, ignoring him as she goes through the process of disposing of her bloody clothes.

She opens one of her cabinets and sighs. It's been a while since she has had to dispose of clothing, so she doesn't have the required chemicals she used to use.

"Here," She stands and turns, spotting Namjoon standing nearby with his hand out for her. She frowns, passing him the bag.

"Can I borrow your shower? I'll call on a Reaper to deal with these," He gestures to his own stained clothes, grinning. She nods, watching as he heads to her shower.

She sits at her dining table, pouting a little at his insistence. He isn't hanging around because of some brotherly love bullshit. He wants to convince her to join him. She would rather die.

Sure, she enjoyed the moments of bliss that came with taking down those people, especially Seokjin and Hoseok. But she can't do the other work that comes with being a Reaper. She will never kill an innocent ever again.

Her mindset has changed a lot in the past week. She spent the past 5 years firmly believing that she will never kill again. Yet, here she is, convincing herself that she will only kill certain people. Her cognitive dissonance is battling inside her, but her self-persuasion is quite realistic.

After a while, Namjoon leaves the bathroom. Based on the tightness around his chest, he is wearing clothes he found in her cupboard. He is wearing one of her favourite baggy white T-shirts and grey sweatpants. The baggy sweatpants kind of fit all right, but the shirt is tight around his upper torso. When and how he managed to access her clothes, she has no idea.

"Seriously?" She smirks, taking in his attire, "My clothes?"

"I just picked the loosest, simplest clothes I could find," He frowns, "It's not my fault I'm so strong and muscular,"

Instantly, Luna pegs a tissue box at him, hitting his face. He chuckles, picking it up and putting it back. He pulls out his phone and messages someone before sitting across from her.

"Someone will be over soon to take our clothes," Namjoon mutters, "Don't worry, they'll be disposed of well,"

"I would hope so," She retorts, "If you couldn't do the basics, I'd be wondering how you're still alive,"

He chuckles, but his smile doesn't reach his eyes. He is watching her warily, that question waiting to be asked once again.

"No," She says firmly before the words can even leave his lips, "I'm not doing it,"

"Just hear me out, okay?" Namjoon sighs, "I'll explain what we do and what you would do, and if you still don't want it, I'll never ask you again, I promise,"