Chapter 20

Luna sits on the hospital chair staring blankly ahead while her leg shakes nervously.

Jimin and Hoseok have been and gone. They didn't kill Jungkook, but they did call RM to update him on the situation. Usually, Reaper members are meant to ask for permission to take out a member. But more often than not, members would kill another member and explain their reasoning after. This time Hoseok and Jimin decided to check with RM first.

Apparently, Namjoon responded in the negative, notifying them of his impending arrival. So, tonight has managed to get worse for Luna.

They also informed Luna that they only entered the apartment after hearing Jungkook's voice from out in the hallway. They were checking the security camera in the hall only to find it broken.

Taehyung's parents arrived after Jimin and Hoseok left, asking her for any information on what happened, why it happened, and who she is in all this. She didn't want to be introduced to his parents under such circumstances, but she was honest with them, leaving out the criminal part. They hugged her and went in to see Taehyung. She is not allowed to enter yet, according to the Doctor in charge of his surgery. She has no idea if he is dying, dead, or recovering, and Taehyung's parents haven't come out to notify her of the outcome.

The police arrived not long after, asking her questions about the attack. She told them that some random guy broke in and attacked them, stabbing Taehyung before leaving. They took her statement, apologised for intruding while she is so stressed, and left her alone.

It has now been an hour since anyone has approached her, but 6 hours since she has arrived. She is on the verge of a full mental breakdown. If he dies, it's her fault. Jimin and Hoseok would disagree of course, but it's true. If he survives but is debilitated, it's her fault. It's all her fault. If she had stopped and thought about it properly, she wouldn't have made such a reckless mistake. She shouldn't have tried to disarm Jungkook like that. It was stupid. She risked his life.

No, she ended his life.

"Lee Luna?"

Luna springs out of the chair, coming face to face with the Doctor and Taehyung's parents. They give her a small, sad smile and walk past her, cradling each other.

"What is it? Is he okay? Can I come in? Is he alive? What happened? How is he?" Luna bombards the poor doctor with question after question.

"He's okay," The doctor smiles, "He's... uh... asking for you,"

Luna smiles with relief, chuckling at the news. He's alive and talking. That's all that matters to her.

"Lead the way," she says. He gives her one last uncomfortable look before taking her to him.

He leads her to a small private room. The medical equipment and bed barely fit in here, but he's by himself. He is lying in the hospital bed, elevated so he can sit up comfortably. Luna sighs with relief, letting out a sob as she rushes towards him. Gently, she sits on the edge of the bed, turning her attention back to the doctor.

"Is he going to be okay?" She asks.

"Yeah, he will," The doctor smiles, "The surgery to repair the damage went perfectly, and all major organs were either uninjured, or sustained minor damage. He will be here for at least a week to ensure he is okay, then he will go home,"