Chapter 39

Luna approaches her desk, a slight spring in her step. She is beyond exhausted from the past couple of days, and even more exhausted now considering she couldn't sleep last night. But that would have been all the adrenaline that was coursing through her body. Their blood on her hands, it feels so good to finally be free from them.

Yoongi is sitting at his desk, frowning at the paperwork that has come in. He looks up at her, heavy eyebags under his eyes. She grins, relief flooding through her body at the sight of him.

Thank fuck, he wasn't killed.

"I have some good news, and some bad news," He mutters quickly.

"Oh?" Luna tilts her head, "What's the good news?"

Before Yoongi can continue, Mr Lee's voice rings out through the detective's office.

"Briefing! Urgently!" He demands, walking into the conference room. Luna frowns, looking back at Yoongi questioningly. He sighs, gesturing for them to do as they are told.

She enters the briefing room, taking her usual seat at the back of the room beside Yoongi.

"Where were you yesterday?" She asks as everyone slowly takes their seats.

He shakes his head, signalling that he will explain later. She looks to the front of the room, a small group of suited personnel standing behind Mr Lee at the podium.

Once they are all settled, he speaks.

"Mr Kim Seokjin was killed last night," He says bluntly, his eyes travelling over the detectives, "The investigation into his death is being passed onto the Mafia task force given the specifics of the case,"

The detectives begin whispering amongst themselves, glancing at Luna and Yoongi curiously.

So, they were able to pick up that it was a gang-related crime, but not that he is The Eye?

Ironic.

Luna glances at Yoongi, looking for any signs of surprise. But based on his expression, he was previously notified.

"Last night we lost 8 officers in the city, 3 from our location, including Kim Seokjin," Mr Lee explains, "We also lost Detective Choi and Prosecutor Wang. The funeral time and location will be posted on the notice board. It is recommended that you all attend,"

Luna keeps her expression blank, feeling the rising sensation of pride in her chest. Now, none of the members of The Eye will be in any position of authority, and it's all thanks to her.

"While determining a replacement for Kim Seokjin, I will be acting supervisor," Mr Lee continues, "So treat me as such until a permanent replacement is found. Dismissed,"

The detectives begin muttering amongst themselves with different levels of shock and awe in their voices. Luna and Yoongi stand, moving towards Mr Lee. He looks at them and sighs.

"Please, follow me,"

He leads them to his office, a few doors down from Seokjin's old office. They follow him inside and he gestures for them to have a seat. They take the seats across from him, waiting patiently.

"Here is the case," Mr Lee passes the file to Luna, "I have already spoken to Yoongi this morning, so I'll fill you in on what we know,"

Luna opens the file to find pictures of Seokjin's body on the gravel outside the warehouse, right beside the mutilated corpse of Hoseok. There are also pictures of the burned down building with the charred corpses of Seokjin's men inside. They also have pictures of Seokjin's cars, 3 of which were blown up. Only one remained untouched, intentionally.