Chapter 21

It has been 2 weeks since Luna has seen Taehyung. Every day she would wake up, get dressed, shower, and head to the university. Every day she would glance down the hallway towards his door, hoping he will step out and say good morning with that beautiful smile. But he never did.

After a while, she got used to it. This is how she always wanted it to be, right? Just going to school like a normal university student, being left alone, studying hard, and working on herself.

It's been a few days since she finally came to terms with it. She doesn't look down the hallway anymore or check her phone for texts from him. She's not sure if she's still emotionally numb from it all, or if she has just accepted it.

This morning is no different. Once she is ready for the day, she walks into the kitchen and prepares her breakfast. Hoseok is not here this morning, off working on something important and serious apparently. It's just Jimin, sitting at the kitchen bench on a stool, eating reheated food from last night.

He is dressed and ready for school, beaming happily at her as she enters. She was expecting him to drop out of school once Jungkook was out of their hands. But he has become quite fond of the classes apparently. He is enjoying the short hospitality and chef courses there. According to him, his grades are really good too.

I guess everyone can change, huh?

"Good morning," Jimin chirps, "Ready for school?"

"Of course," Luna smirks, "Sleep well?"

"Of course," He winks, "Study much last night?"

"No, I'm ready for the exam today," Luna replies.

They continue to chat like this before cleaning up their breakfast – Hoseok likes a clean kitchen – and heading out for the day.

She watches Jimin glance down the hallway, but she does not mirror him. She doesn't care if Taehyung's coming or not. She should stay away from him so he can live a happy life without all the blood and destruction that follows her. He deserves happiness.

Even if that doesn't include me.

"Oh? Taehyung!"

Luna spins around, spotting him leaving his apartment. He looks up warily, but he gives Jimin a smile and a wave. Her insides melt a little, warming up at the sight of his beautiful smile. It seems that Luna is, in fact, not over him.

That doesn't change anything. Luna takes a deep breath in. You can't be with him. He deserves better. He doesn't want you.

Remember that.

"Good morning," Taehyung mumbles, his eyes only on Jimin.

"How are you feeling?" Jimin asks as they make their way to the elevator, Luna following along quietly.

"A lot better," He admits, "I spent a few days with my parents. I came home last night,"

"That's good," Jimin says, "Any issues?"

"None, I was lucky," Taehyung replies, "No infections, nothing. Even the scar is healing well,"

He lifts his shirt, showing off the inch-long fresh scar on his stomach.

"Oh wow, that's really well done," Jimin nods. Taehyung slides his shirt down, his expression shifting slightly.

"Yeah... you've seen a lot of stab wounds?" He asks.