Chapter 48

"So, it's tonight?" Taehyung asks, watching as Luna shuffles around her office. She looks up at him and sighs, moving towards him. He is tense and nervous about the coming raid. She could get hurt, or the plan could fail, anything could happen.

"I'll be fine," Luna whispers, hugging him around the middle, "I am always safe, you know that,"

"I know," Taehyung mutters, "I know you're strong and good at this stuff, but you're never 100% safe... anything could happen,"

Anything could happen.

Luna is also worried about the possible outcomes of this raid. The building The Eye is moving into is just outside of the city, right next to a large apartment complex full of families. It's close enough that they could be affected.

She has so many concerns.

What if Mr Choi has betrayed them and this is a trap? What if The Eye changes his mind last minute? What if someone calls the police? What if someone innocent gets caught in the crossfire? Sure, she has answers to all of these questions.

Mr Choi is not likely to betray them considering the people watching his family and keeping them safe are Reapers. One phone call could end Mr Choi's very reason for existing.

The Eye probably won't change his mind, but if he does, they will just get him next time. Mr Choi will let her know. If someone else calls the police, Mr Lee will inform them, and they will leave.

And she won't harm anyone innocent. It is only herself and two other Reaper members entering the building, with 20 people on standby for backup. It will be a simple raid.

But even with answers to all these questions, she still worries. Taehyung isn't helping.

"I'll be waiting for you, okay?" Taehyung mutters, smiling at her sadly. The corner of his mouth twitches, the first warning sign of his impending tears.

"I'll be fine," Luna smiles, "Trust me... I went against Seokjin and J Hope, plus 17 additional followers, all on my own,"

"I know," Taehyung sighs, "Just promise you'll be safe,"

"I promise," She steps away from him, cupping his face in her hands, "I will be home tonight,"

Taehyung watches her, his eyes glistening slightly. After a moment, he nods, as if satisfied with her determination.

She hugs him again before letting him go, manoeuvring around him to leave her office. He follows her out, subtly wiping his eyes.

Once she is in the training area, she is surrounded by Reapers gearing up, ready to support her with this. The two Reapers that will be going in with her were at the Training centre in America with her. They are very highly trained. She moves towards the two tall men, looking up at them sternly.

"Ready?" She asks, her eyes scanning their attire. Like her, they are wearing dark clothing with holsters hidden under jackets and baggy clothing. They each have a gun, just in case, and a knife of some sort. One of them has a machete, while the other has a small pocket knife. Simple, yet effective. Their names are Snow and Vanilla.

"Yes, ma'am," Vanilla bows, "Ready when you are,"

She nods, turning her attention to the 20 other Reapers in the room. She rounds them up, grabbing their attention so she can run through the plan, the backup plans, and what to do in certain emergencies.