Chapter 18

TW: Violence

Is he really gone?

Luna frowns, biting her lip as she arrives home with Jimin and Taehyung.

It is Friday, so she has two days to relax away from the stress of exams this week.

Jaemi and her friends have finally left her alone, besides the occasional glare or look of annoyance. But Luna couldn't care less what they think about her. The only thing that irritated her about Jaemi and her friends was the stupid rumours and the confrontation. Sure, she could have simply just followed along with Jaemi's little game from the beginning and introduced herself properly. But it wouldn't have ended there. It never does with people like that.

She was hoping that if she was cold and distant, Jaemi would leave her alone. But Taehyung really ruined that for her.

But some random rich girl hating her? That's the least of her concern these days.

Jungkook still hasn't turned up, at all. He hasn't turned up at school or informed the teachers of his absence. He hasn't tried to get in contact with Luna or approached her outside of school. It is almost like he has vanished, literally.

Hoseok went over and watched his house for almost a full 24 hours, using the information he had received from his criminal sources.

Jungkook hasn't been home. Hoseok asked his neighbours and a nosy lady in the apartment complex. But no one has seen him since Monday.

Jimin and Luna say a quick goodbye to Taehyung before entering their apartment, greeting Hoseok hesitantly.

"Good afternoon, you two," Hoseok smiles, heavy bags under his eyes.

"Hey," Jimin smiles. Luna nods and heads to her room to put her things away before returning to the living room.

"So, have you found anything else on Jungkook?" Luna asks Hoseok as she sits on the sofa beside him, Jimin on his other side.

"No, nothing," He sighs, "But I do have business tomorrow, so I need to rest,"

"Business?" Jimin frowns, "Have you been receiving orders?"

"Of course," Hoseok smirks, "Well, I haven't heard from any of the Reapers, but I am an arms dealer,"

"Grim let you work with other people?" Jimin asks, shocked.

"Yeah," Hoseok shrugs, "As long as I don't supply any of the weapons used against him, he never minded, and RM hasn't said anything yet,"

"How do you prevent criminals from committing specific crimes with weapons?" Luna asks curiously.

"Why do you think Grim wanted me here in the first place?" Hoseok scoffs, "I am very convincing. I haven't had anyone use any of my weapons against The Reapers in Korea for years,"

"Seriously?" Jimin frowns, "How did you manage that?"

Hoseok smirks, turning his eyes to Jimin carefully. There is a dark glint in his eyes, a look Luna hasn't seen before. Even she can feel the tension behind his eyes. It's like learning about the intense heat of the sun. So beautiful and bright, yet so deadly.

"I'm good at my job," Hoseok says firmly, his tone dropping dangerously, "I thought we didn't ask questions?"

Jimin stiffens, understanding clearly the intention behind his words. In this area of work, what you don't know won't hurt you, and not knowing will keep you alive.