Chapter 45

Chapter 45

"Ah, fuck," Yoongi groans, leaning back in his seat.

"What's wrong, Detective Yoongi?" Yoongi looks up to find Mr Lee leaning against his desk, smiling kindly.

"This case," Yoongi snaps, "It's frustrating me,"

"Walk me through it," Mr Lee mutters, dragging a seat over so he can look at Yoongi's screen with him.

"Homicide," Yoongi begins, "three dead at the residence of Mr Park Jin Young, the CEO of a large music entertainment company in Seoul. All three victims were women in their early 20s and were trainees at Mr Park's company. There were two witnesses: A young woman of similar age and Mr Park himself. Both claimed that someone broke in, held them at gunpoint, and killed the women, before leaving with a few of Mr Park's valuables,"

"I see," Mr Lee mutters, narrowing his eyes, "And you don't believe it?"

"Not for a second," Yoongi sneers, "The story isn't adding up,"

"How?" Mr Lee asks.

"The young woman was in the presence of Mr Park during the interview, and she was nervously sneaking looks at him. The valuables in question have not turned up, and I'm starting to question the validity of their existence because he has no proof of purchase. Who doesn't keep receipts for millions of dollars worth of jewellery for insurance purposes? And all of his security systems were wiped. They weren't just turned off for the evening, the camera footage was wiped clean. Not to mention, Mr Park requested a specific detective. The only reason I got this case at all was because of you,"

"I know," Mr Lee smirks, "I have been waiting for the day Mr Park comes across my desk again so I can pass him on to you,"

"Why?" Yoongi frowns, turning to look at him.

"Let's just say that Mr Park is 'the one who got away', you know?" Mr Lee mumbles, a knowing glint in his eye.

"So, what should I do?" Yoongi asks, "It's obvious that the story isn't adding up... but how do I get the truth?"

Mr Lee stands up, adjusting his jacket as he goes.

"I don't know, Yoongi," He smirks, "Maybe you should... have a little faith,"

Yoongi frowns, irritated by the subtlety as Mr Lee saunters away, that playful little smirk on his face.

Yoongi rolls his eyes, pulling out his new second phone so he can call her. He finds her number and presses call.

"Yo, what's up?" She says cheerfully, sounding slightly out of breath.

"Hey, I got some work I might need help with," Yoongi mutters, "Can we meet up?"

"Yeah sure," She replies happily, "Want to go to lunch, or do you want to just come here?"

"Where are you?" Yoongi frowns.

"The Training centre, of course," She chuckles, "Want to come here?"

"Yeah, might as well," Yoongi groans, standing up from his desk, "There's nothing good to eat between here and there,"

"Great! See you soon!"

"Bye," Yoongi grins, hanging up on her. He grabs his jacket, slides the file into his jacket pocket, and heads out.

. . . . .