Chapter 7

TW: Violence & SA mentioned

"Baby, are you okay?"

Faith looks up to find Jungkook leaning against the doorway into her room, that playful smirk playing across his lips.

"I'm fine," Faith smiles, wiping her expression of any emotional distress.

"You know you can't lie to me, Faith," He mutters, his tone full of warning as he saunters comfortably into her room, closing the door behind him. She takes a big deep breath and looks up at him warily. She doesn't want to talk to him about it. He doesn't understand these things. None of them do.

"It's just unimportant," Faith explains, "I'm not lying, I just don't feel like talking about it,"

He sits down heavily beside her, leaning forward to grasp his hands together as he rests his elbows on his knees. He has his head turned so he can see her face as she lowers her head.

"It's okay, you can tell me," Jungkook grins, that warming smile that pulls her into that delusion that it's all going to be okay.

She gives in.

"I'm just... sick of this life, Jungkook," She sighs, "I don't... I can't keep doing this,"

"Doing what?" He asks seriously. He glances around the room briefly, as if confused by her statement.

"Killing... running... hurting..." Faith lists, "I don't want to be a part of this anymore,"

"Stop," Jungkook turns his body to face her, guiding her to face him. He has a stern look on his face, the sort of look he has when they are training. It's the look Grim moulded for him.

"It's not that bad," Jungkook says, "Plus, it's not like you can leave,"

She wants to say that she wants to try to get away from all this. But that piercing look warns her, reminds her of his position in this family. His status.

"Okay," She smiles, watching as he visibly relaxes.

"Good girl," His dark husky voice making her insides squirm. He leans forward, his hands exploring all his favourite places as he guides her to his lips.

. . . . . 

"Wow, you look dead," Hoseok's cheerful morning voice pierces through Luna like a knife, reminding her of his early morning existence, like the sunshine. As beautiful and warm as he is, he is still irritating as hell.

"Good morning to you too," Luna mutters grumpily, sliding onto the barstool to eat the breakfast Hoseok has prepared for her.

"Didn't sleep well?" Jimin asks, sliding in beside her to dig into the delicious food. Hoseok is a magician in the kitchen.

She shakes her head, numbly gnawing at the food in front of her.

"Dreaming of him, huh?" Jimin asks quietly. Luna looks up, frowning as she finds a look of concern.

"So?" Luna snaps.

"You should be dreaming of me," Hoseok chuckles lowly, trying to lighten the atmosphere with his attempt at flirting, his eyes are alight with mischief as a smirk dances across his lips.

"Fuck off," She grumbles, listening to the two men giggle. She slides off her chair, lifting the laptop bag onto her shoulder as she moves towards the foyer.