Chapter 25

TW: Mentions a Pedo, but no SA content

...5 YEARS LATER...

Luna looks up at the towering building and sighs. She is beyond tired today, more than usual. Last night she spent the night at her old apartment with Jimin and Hoseok, drinking again. She had to call a taxi to get home, crawling drunkenly into bed.

Now, with her bag in one hand and a coffee in the other, she regrets it more than anything. The hangover cure helped a little, but it's not going to help with all the work she has to do today.

Grumbling a little, she heads inside.

"Good morning, Detective Luna," The receptionist smiles as she passes.

"Good morning," She smiles, moving past her towards the elevators.

Luna had started university with the intention of testing the waters of the criminal justice field and seeing where it leads her. After her first year at university, the most eventful year she has had in the entire time she has been in Korea, she decided to drop out and join the police academy. It was a very impulsive decision after watching a police detective Korean drama. But there was something about the life of a detective that drew her in. She was excited to follow this hyper fixation and see where it leads.

It didn't take her long to graduate with flying colours, and after being an officer for a year, she became a detective. It was like all her dreams had come true. It was everything she had dreamed it would be, and everything she had researched it would be. Long hours, tired, and broke.

Perfect.

Even with these things, it feels like a family here. She likes her boss and her co-workers, making it really enjoyable to go to work every day.

Once she is at her desk unpacking her bag to prepare for the morning briefing, someone approaches her desk, leaning against it slyly.

She rolls her eyes and looks up at the slim, pale man before her. He is wearing black jeans and a plain white T-shirt with a button-up work shirt over the top. He looks dishevelled, as usual. His black hair skims his eyelashes as he looks down, that infuriating gummy smile beaming down at her.

"Good morning, puffy face," Min Yoongi grins, "Drinking again?"

"Urgh, sometimes I really want to kill you, you know that right?" Luna grumbles.

"Sure you do, Kitty," He chuckles.

"Like you can talk," Luna smirks, "Puss in boots,"

"Shut up," He nudges her with his hip, moving over to his desk, "Meeting in 5,"

"Yeah," She replies.

She pulls out her notes for the meeting, preparing for the absolute hell that is going to be her reprimanding.

Min Yoongi is one of Luna's few close friends here at the station. They are both passionate, hardworking, workaholics. Now, they both are in the running to become senior detectives. When they work, they automatically take charge of each case, unless a senior steps up. When they first partnered on a case together, everyone thought it was going to be a clash of the control freaks. But they work really well together, except for their last case.