Chapter 50

TW: Violence

The next 24 hours are spent curating a solid yet flexible plan for them to follow. Like their initial plan from the other day, there is an abundance of alternate plans and backup plans to ensure their safety and success.

Taehyung and Yoongi spend most of their spare time down in the Training centre, as they have been. Between work and training, they are both reaching their limit. Once all this is over, Luna is going to ensure they rest for a while. But their determination and passion are unrivalled. They are starting to become star students with their success in defending themselves against Luna becoming the foundation for their fame.

Taehyung's confidence is climbing higher with each compliment and request to teach from other students. Initially, people respected him more for being Luna's boyfriend. But now he's really making a name for himself. V, the deadly prince. He stands taller these days, yet still humble.

Yoongi has also changed over the past couple of days. He went from a genius, unmatched detective, to a fighting machine. His mentality around fighting has become similar to Luna's mindset. Strength only goes so far; resilience and quick thinking are what make a powerful fighter.

Honestly, after watching them for a few hours, Luna doesn't want to fight them again. Her pride might not be able to take the result.

So, she trains with them.

While waiting on a few details to be smoothed out in the plan, Namjoon begins teaching Luna more about leading The Reapers. He was incredibly disappointed that she didn't think to utilise his connections, especially after meeting everyone. So, he collated everyone he knows into a list and went through it with her. Of course, she wrote these numbers down in code, just in case. But she does feel a little stupid for not taking advantage of these things.

Soon, the members who will be backing up Namjoon, Taehyung, and Yoongi are brought in, and they go through the plan.

It is quite simple, but a lot more dangerous than the last one. Instead of being a backup plan, they will be a distraction. But this doesn't dissuade anyone. If anything, the energy in the room becomes electric, filled with excitement and tension, ready to fight.

Once all the holes in the plan are filled and every alternate 'What if' is answered, they are ready to go.

"So, tonight is the night," Namjoon's loud, authoritative voice vibrates around the room, "Tonight, we will corner The Eye and end this once and for all,"

The room is filled with applause and cheers, passion and enthusiasm in all their expressions. Even Taehyung and Yoongi look excited.

But Luna is nervous.

Everyone will be a distraction for her. She will sneak inside and find Jungkook to kill him. She tried to delegate this task to anyone else, but Namjoon refused. Jungkook is too highly trained for others to take on. She suggested that maybe Namjoon take the responsibility, but he just laughed. He was trained to be a leader, not an assassin. He doesn't have the skills she has.

So, now that she knows she is the only one that can do this, she is terrified. She can take Jungkook, no problem. But she has already proven that killing Jungkook is hard for her.

She hesitates.

When she looks down at him, all she can see is that terrified little boy at the Training centre, crying himself to sleep, begging to go home. He has been dealt some rough cards. When she dated him, she desperately wanted to save him from all of this. When they broke up, she was too angry at him to recall those thoughts and memories. But it's been so long. She doesn't loathe him anymore; she just pities him.