[lost memory | jordan p]

8:19 AM

"Good morning, this is Nurse Jackie from Zuckerburg Hospital, and I am looking for (Y/F/N)?" she said into the phone.

"this is she." you said as you adjusted yourself in bed. "is everything okay? it's not my sister who's hurt is it?"

"no ma'am, it's mister jordan poole." she responded.

why the fuck is she calling me about that man? haven't seen nor spoken to him in months.

clearing your throat, you opened your mouth, "have you contacted his parents?"

"yes ma'am, and they're currently trying to get the first flight down here from michigan— however, we found this old fashioned contact card in his wallet, his parents, three men by the name of juan toscano-anderson, gary payton ii, and andrew wiggins — and you, he has you listed in bold letters as his safe place." she finished.

"oh — okay, what happened?"

"he was involved in an accident, and just woke up last night. now before you freak, it was not an at all bad accident, he's a bit bruised up, and we've ran some tests, and . . i don't know exactly how i can explain this but he doesn't remember anything."

"huh? what do you mean?" your eyebrows furrowed as you pulled the phone back looking as if she could see you.

"he's lost his memory. he only knew his name, his birthdate, (y/n), and that he needs to get home to his cats, Kai and Kota i believe is their names."

a smile appeared across your face, only fond of hearing him mention his cats.

"Okay, but why was I called again?" the lady hadn't gotten to that part yet but was close.

"he is dying to get out of here, and i was just seeing if someone could come get him. are you available?" the nurse asked.

"I don't have any ties with him, but I can call up one of his friends, and they'll come get—" she cut you off.

"he wants you. he claims you're his girlfriend."

"i am not, but i'll be down in twenty, thank you nurse jackie". you said in the phone, closing up the conversation.

you dialed in juan, gary and wiggs when you got into the car, they all answered at the same time, "ayyy, (y/n), going somewhere?" juan smirked.

"yeah, you're fucking bestie is in the hospital fat ass." you cursed hearing him smack into the phone.

"wait what?" juan stopped chewing.

"bro is in the hospital? for what? i thought he went to michigan?" gary said.

"so he was the one who got into that accident i heard on the scanner the last night." wiggs said finally coming to his senses.

"y'all are no good people." you shook your head, five minutes from the hospital.

"i need y'all to look over him until his parents get here, they're on the way as soon as they get a flight." you voiced.

"we can do that, but how bad did he hurt himself?" gary questioned.

"nurse jackie said he was bruised a bit, but it wasn't bad, the only thing wrong is that he lost his memory so she says."

"what?" the three stooges say.

"mhm. if one of you are free right now, can you meet me at the hospital in like . . 15 minutes? you know i haven't seen this man in so long, and it'll be awkward a lot on my end than his." you pull into the parking lot, and found a spot.

closing up on the conversation with the three, you pep talked yourself until you reached the desk. the ladies told you the room number, and you took the elevator up. reaching the floor, you went through the security, and attached the badge to your shirt.

looking back and forth at the numbers you went by, you came to halt when you found his room. breathing in softly, you knocked and pushed opened the door. "jordan?"

jordan lifted his bed up with the remote the moment he heard your voice, his heart started racing. out of nowhere he huffed his breath into his hand and sniffed, shrugging that it smelt okay, he looked to see her coming around the curtain.

"(y/n)... hi, you look beautiful." he smiled but then it faded when he noticed how you shifted on your feet, and rubbed your arm.

"um thank you . . how are you feeling?" you asked.

"a lot better now that you're here, are you okay? did someone do something to you?" he frowned.

you couldn't let him know why you were acting this way, he wouldn't even remember.

"no, i'm just . . still awakening from my slumber. you're parents will be here as soon as they can."

"do you know if kai and kota okay? the nurse was looking at me strange."

"i'm sure they're fine. well fed and safe." you nod forcing a smile.

"something is wrong i can feel it, but i don't know what." jordan clutched his chest. you stepped forward with a worried look,

"do you need a nurs—" then his head dropped back against the bed.

"jordan!" you screamed, and immediately reached to grab the cord to call for a nurse, "somebody help!"

the machines were buzzing like crazy, and the next thing you knew you were rushed out of the room.

jordan, klay, jayson, donte, gary, juan, and lamelo are all mine

thank you for reading.

Sorry for any mistakes.