{.𝓈𝒾𝓃𝒸𝑒 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝒷𝑒𝑒𝓃 𝑔𝑜𝓃𝑒.}

Just for a heads up, this is a very angsty oneshot and has mentions of abuse, suicide, and other things related to that. Enjoy!

-ella

Sophie's POV

Here's the thing, we started out as friends

She hated Fitz. Absolutely hated him. He had been her best friend for how many years? Five? Six? All to just stab her in the back with another girl.

It was cool, but it was all pretend

Yeah, at first it had been cool to be dating THE Fitz Vacker, the Golden Boy. But then the whispers and the murmurs started, and the jealousy and drama. Oh god, the drama. Sophie wished that she could go back and erase some of the things that she'd said. But it was too late now.

Yeah, yeah

Since you been gone

It has been about a year since Sophie broke up with him and regretted every single "I love you", every single kiss, touch, everything.

You're dedicated, you took the time

At least he had never stood her up for any date, not that it mattered now. But still, he was never late or early. Right on time. He was punctual. That's probably one of the very few things that he still liked about him.

Wasn't long 'til I called you mine

After about five weeks of knowing Fitz, Sophie'd asked him out. It had scared her half to death, prepared for rejection. But he accepted. And now she wished, desperately wished that he hadn't.

Yeah, yeah

Since you been gone

She'd moved on. Sophie was dating Keefe Sencen now, the funny, handsome, broken blonde. But she loved him because he wasn't perfect like Fitz—not at all. But he was there for her, a shoulder to cry on, to comfort her, to just be with her. And that was something Fitz had ever done, nor will ever do.

And all you'd ever hear me say

Is how I picture me with you

All she could talk about to her friends and family whenever Fitz had been brought up was how they were perfect for each other, how much she loved him, how he was just perfect, her type. But now? That's all down the drain.

That's all you'd ever hear me say

But since you been gone

I can now breathe for the first time

It was true. Sophie had felt so anxious and unable to breathe everytime when she was around him—like everything had to be perfect or it would all come crashing down. She guessed that was one of the things she loved about Keefe—that she could just be herself and no one would judge her.

I'm so moving on, yeah yeah

She'd moved on already, had a new boyfriend, a new job, a new life, a new house, and even a baby on the way. He'd moved on to—some girl named Chandi Leir. But Sophie knew by the way that he looked at her that he still wasn't over her and still wanted her. But she would never go back to him. To the past.

Thanks to you

It was all thanks to him, Sophie supposed. But also her at the same time. If he hadn't cheated on her, she would most likely still be with him. But also if she hadn't caught him, she wouldn't have moved on either. So she supposed that she was thankful. Not for him, but for the experience. Something that she could learn from.

Now I get what I want

Now? Sophie was a grown woman, now making practical and not drastic decisions with her life. She worked as a Keeper, known as the best in the entire Lost Cities. The Neverseen were gone and there was peace throughout the Lost Cities. Of course, it had its downsides. But she loved her new life all the same. Everything she'd ever wanted she'd finally gotten.

Since you been gone...

656 words! Hey guys!! Sorry for such the short oneshot, but I was too lazy to do the whole song lol. But I might come back and finish it later, who knows? Anyways, bye bye now! Happy reading

-ella