4.

Enjoy
________________

I let out a sigh as I put the water bottles on the bench for the players then I align the sticks while Jonathan is sharpening the skates. "We ready for tonight?" He asks coming to the bench. "Yeah definitely" I answer.

Tonight is the first pre-season game. It's also been 3 and a half weeks since I moved here and started this job. "Great, good job with the bottles" he says then goes back.

While I'm stacking up the pucks for later tonight stuart comes and stands next to me. "So you and kailer have been weird lately" he says. "We're friends" I reply. "And that's new?" He asks. "I've only had a couple boyfriends and so far I've only been friends with him after breaking up " I answer.

He nods "and the others an abusive asshole that if any of us see will hurt him" he says. I laugh "yes him too" I reply. "It's not funny" he says. "I know sorry" I reply. "Here 3 weeks and you're already becoming Canadian" he jokes.

"Oh you're so funny" I reply elbowing him. He chuckles "I'm kidding, I gotta go chloe wants me to grab her some cravings before I have to play" he says. "Well have fun with that, Congrats by the way" I reply.

After saying thank you he leaves. He's become a good friend since I moved here. Vinny and klim are nice to get food with and know some good spots.

We still have a few hours before we have to be back for the game so we all leave for a bit. I go back to my place and make some pasta. It's what I usually eat before games since it's quick.

Once I finish eating I start getting ready. They gave me a bunch of sweaters and pants I can wear while working. I decide on the half zip and a pair of oilers athletic joggers with a pair of my new nike's also gifted by the oilers.

I take a couple mirror selfies and send them to my mom.

Jules

First pre season game!

Mom

You've got this sweetie

After finishing the cup of coffee I leave for the arena and on my way there I get an iced coffee from Starbucks and then make my way inside.

When I get to the office Jonathan is already there just sipping on his coffee. "Ready?" He asks. "Yes" I answer holding my ice coffee. "How much coffee have you had already?" He asks. "Well I had one before practice this morning so that's worn off and I had one when I got home and before I left and now I've got this one" I answer.

"How do you not die?" He asks. I laugh and shrug "I run on caffeine and chaos" I answer. "Oh by the way they're going to introduce you during warmups" he says. "R-really?" I ask. "Yeah that cool with you?" He asks. "Yeah" I answer.

My ex might see that but I'm not scared. There's guys here that would hurt him if he put a hand on me. We start working and then the guys come in then I go back to the bench. The puck pile from earlier fell so I grab the pucks and start stacking them again.

I feel someone come stand next to me "re-stacking them?" Stuart asks. "Yeah" I answer. "You ready?" He asks. "Yes" I answer confidently. "So if my stick breaks you'll be prepared with a new one?" He jokes.