15.

Happy new year! Hope ya enjoy this festive and long chapter :)
_________________________

Christmas eve eve

As I'm finishing pushing my suitcase to the door theres a knock. My heart starts thumping and I look through the peep hole to see kailer standing with his suitcase ready for the Edmonton international airport.

Today is christmas eve eve or as normal people call it the day before christmas eve or december 23rd. We're flying home for christmas, christmas eve we are having both our families at my house for the first time since before we broke up.

We use to spend Christmas with our families together every Christmas we were together. Now that we arent its going to be weird.

I open the door and he's standing there with a hat on and his winter coat and he looks good. "Good morning you ready?" He asks. "Uh yeah I just need to make sure I have my chargers and stuff" I answer.

"You've got bed head too" he says. "Oh crap" I groan and go into the bathroom. He chuckles and comes in "take your time I'm early, thought we could get breakfast" he says. "Oh uh sure" I reply brushing my hair then putting it back into my bag.

Once I've made sure I have everything and I've made sure my outfit is okay we leave to get breakfast. "We're going to denny's" he says taking my suitcase from me. That was my favourite breakfast spot.

The memories of us keep coming back in waves and they continue to remind me why I loved him. "Great" I say looking at him as he puts the suitcases in his car. "You okay?" He asks. "Uh yeah Christmas just feels weird" I answer.

He tilts his head in confusion "what do you mean?" He asks. "My aunts and uncles are gonna be asking me if I've gotten a boyfriend yet or they'll ask if we're together again it's just not something I wanna deal with" I answer. He nods understandingly "I get that" he says.

"Mine will be asking me where camille is and why we broke up and if we're getting back together" he adds. "Oh god I think that might be worse" I cringe. He shrugs and we get in and continue talking on the drive to denny's.

On the drive there I look out the window avoiding eye contact with kailer. When we get there he opens the restaurant door for me and then we're seated in a booth. I look at the guy and I can tell he knows who kailer is. "I'll be back to get your drink order" he tells us.

Kailer nods "thank you" he says to the guy. He nods with a smile before going to the back. "I can tell he's a fan" I joke. "Nahhh" he waves it off. I roll my eyes "yknow you do have fans kai" I tell him. "I know I know" he says.

We have a nice breakfast before we're off to seattle. When we arrive just hours later my brother is there to pick us up. "Parents are getting the house ready for the visit" he says. "Oh great" I reply. "Nice to see you kailer" my brother says looking at him.

"Yeah you too it's been awhile" he says. "Okayyy can we go?" I ask since the suitcases are in the trunk of his jeep. "Sure do you need to go anywhere before home?" He asks. "Starbucks?" I ask.

Dylan nods as he gets into the drivers seat "anything for my sister" he replies. Kailer chuckles and gets into the back and I get into the front. He hands me his phone thats connected to the bluetooth "just play whatever" he says.