7.

Well our boy was traded and I spent most of the day crying about it but I'm still going to write this and won't be writing in the trade so we can be delusional and pretend he's still an oiler (along with kostin) um yeah enjoy
______________________

I quietly organize the sticks while on the bench while the players are getting ready in the locker room and Jonathan's making sure their gloves are good. Once they're done I start stacking the pucks.

Tonight is the opening night for the 2022/2023 season and I couldnt be happier that I'm here. "Jules! Can you assist kailer" Jonathan asks. I stop stacking pucks and go down the tunnel "what do you need?" I ask.

He looks at me "the strap isnt clicking together" he says. I sigh and turn him around "let me help" I whisper. I manage to get it clicked and I pat his back "there ya go" I say. He turns around "thank you" he smiles then goes into the locker room.

Jonathan looks at me "he's looking at you some type of way" he says. "What? Nooo" I reply waving him off then going back to the bench. I finish stacking the pucks before the fans are arriving and then I wait with Jonathan in the tunnel.

Warmups start and they each give me a fist bump before going off. For most of warmups I'm either swapping out sticks, checking on equipment or changing out skate blades.

Before I know it the game has started and Jonathan and I are busy throughout it so I don't pay too much attention to the score until hyman skates over with a puck. "What's it for?" I ask him. "Kailers 100th career goal" he answers.

I look up and kailers skating towards the bench and the guys on the bench are standing up to give him a fist bump. "Congrats kai" I yell so he can hear as he sits on the bench. "Thanks jules" he replies.

This game goes by insanely fast and they win. "Great job everyone!" The guys all yell. Jonathan and I get everything put away once the guys have all of their gear off and a few of them stay back for media. From where I am I can hear kailer being interviewed.

"So the oilers have the first female equipment manager what are your thoughts on it?" Someone asks him. "I think its about time we have a female on the bench behind us, juliette is speedy and great at what she does and I think any team would be lucky to have her" kailer answers.

Jonathan and I stop what were doing and watch the interview. Kailer looks behind the camera and the small crowd of media guys and sees me. "You're both from Spokane is that correct?" Another person asks. "Yes I've known juliette for a while now and I couldn't think of anyone that deserves the job more than her" he answers looking at me.

My heart flutters "thank you" I mouth. They go on to ask about the game so Jonathan and I go back to working. Most of the players are gone by time we're done getting everything ready for the east coast road trip. "Want some help?" Vinny asks as I'm pushing all the bags over to the marshaling area.

He then helps Jonathan and I pack the bus so it's ready for tomorrow morning. "Thank you" Jonathan says patting vinny on the back as he goes back to the locker room. "Thanks vinny" I say as we walk back together.

Kailers sitting in his locker on his phone when we get back and he looks up seeing us together then looks back at his phone. "See you tomorrow jules" vinny says. "Be florida ready!" I reply. "You too!" He replies as he's leaving. "You're good to go jules" Jonathan says.