Something Big is About to Happen.

Kalen's POV

I sat next to the boy mother called Neteyam, sharpening my spear as I waited.
He looked weird, but then again, I probably looked even more weirder with my mixed shades of blue and five fingers.
I thought back to how Mother looked as she left. She looked sad, and it hurt me to know she was feeling like this. It's because of those people from that clan, the ones who hurt her. Even though I was the reason for them hurting her the most. But she even told me of the times even  before I came how they treated her like an outcast, a freak for being different. But in all honesty, I think they were jealous. She was the nicest, most caring, and most loving person I had ever known, even more than the sky people who looked after me as a child. She made us a home when no one would take us in, all because she wouldn't leave me by myself. That's why I made a promise to always protect her. She was my saviour, my hero, my mother. She gave me the gift of becoming na'vi, and I will always be grateful for her blessing. She taught me the ways of the people, from the ways of the forest, the water and even the sky people, always saying it is better to have the knowledge of all things then it is to be ignorant.
She loved me for who I am, not for what I looked like or where I came from. And I loved her for that. The only person to truly see me as me. My mother is not by blood, but by choice. By Eywa's will.

I glanced as I heard movement beside me, Neteyam slowly groaned as his eyes  slowly opened.

I stood with my spear in hand, quickly adjusting my mask in place before turning to face him. "You are awake, finally."

He sat up alert, looking between me and the spear, ears flicking back in a nervous way.

I sighed before lifting my other hand in surrender. "I am not going to harm you. I am to take you somewhere safe. Unless you want to stay here in the open?"

He looked around quickly before nodding his head, slowly standing. He readjusted himself, slowly feeling the scar now on his chest, the only proof that he was once dead. He looked at me with questioning eyes.

"You speak English very well, how?"

"My mother taught me." I shrugged before turning towards the bridge mother left for us.
" Follow me, and try to keep up."

He nodded before following close behind me. We crossed the bridge and landed on the white sand, as the branch slowly shrank back to its original place, like it never moved in the first place.

"Thank you." I touched the tree before looking towards Neteyam, whose eyes were nearly poking out of his face.

"How did you do that?!" He placed a hand on the tree next to mine, eyes in awe.

I rolled my eyes. "It was not me. My mother is the only one who possesses this gift."

"Wait, your mother did this?"

'Shit. I should not have said anything.'

I nodded before walking ahead, waiting for him to catch us. We walked in silence until we reached the shoreline. There, my mother and I had built a small mauri filled with food and supplies for those she had healed. It was safer this way, so she would never be discovered. I was always the one to greet them and show them to this place, away from our home.

I walked into the mauri, looking for the stones to light the fire pit. He stood there for a moment, watching me look around before I found what I was looking for.

"I will light a fire for you. It gets chilly here at night."

He nodded as I got to work, placing wood and dried moss into the pit before lighting it, watching as the flames grew just big enough to keep the mauri warm.