Thank You

Tahlani's POV

I woke up to the sunlight warming my face. It was so warm against my face that I couldn't help but smile, thinking of the new day ahead of us.
I stretched as I stood from my sleeping mat, feeling every muscle stretch in relief. I could hear the snoring from beyond the curtain, remembering the Na'vi men just on the other side.
I strolled over to the curtain, slowly lifting it away as I glanced around the mauri.
Tonowari was the closest to me, lightly snoring with his body facing towards the entrance. Jake was sleeping closer to Kaelen's room, his head resting on top of his arms. Miles was in the centre of the area, spread out like a starfish, snoring away.
I rolled my eyes, thinking what had I gotten myself into before making my way around them to see the boys.
I lifted the curtain and smiled. They were still sleeping, Kaelen laying on his front with an arm hanging out of the hammock and Neteyam sleeping like a baby. I closed the curtain, quietly making my way out and down the stairs.

It was still a little early to wake them up, with an eclipse still lingering in the sky. So I decided that I should get food ready and start packing for the journey ahead.
I walked to the rack of spears, grabbing the blue one Tonowari admired last night, then grabbing a basket to carry the food back.
I looked back to the mauri, still hearing the snores of the five males inside, and laughed to myself. 'Skxqwngs, I should get as much as I can for the journey.'

I ran straight to the beach from the day before, knowing I would catch the most fish in the area. As I got there, I noticed Myst and some ikrans hovering around the water, looking for their next meals.

I walked up to them, Myst eyeing me before swimming over, rubbing herself against my legs. I patted her head as she purred at the touch, smiling.

"Morning, Myst. Any luck with the fish today?"

She swam around me before swimming in the direction of the ikrans, hissing at them as they splashed the water, scaring the fish.

They looked to me, slowly hissing as they approached. The three ikrans circled me, curiously sniffing me. I reached my hand out, slowly patting the one in front of me on the neck. It shuddered before relaxing, nuzzling its head against my neck. I smiled as I felt two other heads rub against my sides, so I reached around, giving them a light scratch on the chin.

"You all must be hungry. Would you like me to help you?"

They all screeched and jumped around, almost like children dancing in happiness. I laughed at their behaviour, nodding to Myst. "Let's go hunting then."

She shivered as I made tsaheylu, hopping onto the saddle swiftly before clicking my tongue. We dove under the waves, pushing against the flow of the water. I smiled as we rushed past many different corals and sea life. The pure beauty of this world still amazes me to this day. We swam for a little while before making it to our favourite fishing spot, slowing down as we approached the schools of fish.
I eyed a few different fish, thinking of how many I will need to feed everyone as well as our travels. Making my mind up, I swam to take cover behind one of the corals, slowly positioning my spear as the fish swam by.
I threw my spear as a big one swam right by me, killing it quickly so it didn't feel pain.
It took me a while to collect enough for everyone, including the ikrans and Myst, but as I speared another big one, I decided that this should be enough.

As we got back to the beach, the eclipse was no longer, with the sun now shining brightly on the horizon. The ikrans were still there, waiting patiently on the sand as I hauled in my catch.

I laughed as they hovered around me, trying to sneak away with one of the fish. "Hey, you need to wait your turn." I pushed one of them away lightly as I grabbed enough fish for everyone, placing it into the basket.