Violet Eyes

Tahlani's POV

Aonung quickly turned to me. "Where did you go? What have you been doing all these years?"

"When we were banished, we travelled around for a couple of years, trying to find a home among the other clans. When we weren't accepted anywhere, we found a home on an island a few days ride from here, just outside of the territory."

He nodded before looking down. I looked towards Neytiri as she shuffled forward. "You said you were banished? How did that happen?"

I looked to Ronal and Tonowari, who had their heads bowed in shame. I sighed before explaining. "I was a warrior for the Metkayina, many of us were sent to our brother clan when they were attacked by some remaining sky people, as we were about to return, I heard a child's cry in one of the crashed helicopters. That's how I found Kaelen, the atokirina surrounding his small body." I placed my hand on his as he smiled.
"I couldn't leave a child behind, even if he was human. So I took him with me. But as we were leaving the scene, I came across one of our warriors... um, 'hurting' an injured woman of the clan. When he realised that I saw him, he came at me, trying to silence me."
I breathed out a shaky breath, remembering just how close he was to succeeding. How his touch was burnt into my skin.
"Then he noticed Kaelen, so he quickly moved towards him, ready to kill a child. I guess I was quicker." I looked around. Mixed emotions were on everyone's faces. I glanced at Neytiri as her eyes were glassy, but she nodded for me to continue.

"After we returned home, we were binded and kept away in my mauri. Warriors telling their lies to them." I looked to Ronal and Tonowari. Their eyes held a blaze of anger.
" It was only right what they did, I had killed one of our own, saved the enemy. I do not blame them for something that was out of their hands."

Tonowari nodded to me. "After they had left, witnesses came forth, telling us the truth, the guilt tearing them apart that they could have prevented it. We had all involved punished for their lies or sent away to other clans. We had sent search parties out for months on end, but had to stop when more sky people arrived."

I glanced to the human boy sitting next to Miles as he held his hand up a bit." Um, sorry if it's rude, but.. you said Kaelen was human, right?"

I nodded as he spoke on. "Then, how is he na'vi now?"

Before I could say anything, Kaelen spoke up. "She turned me na'vi."

Everyone looked confused as he kept going. "It started a year after we left. She healed me when I saw very sick, and the next thing I knew, I could breathe the air. Then, when she did it again, I started changing physically. My body grew taller and leaner, my skin the same as hers, and by the time I was 12, I had completely changed. Tswin and all." He pulled his tswin in front of him, showing everyone, he also held up his hands for more proof. "The only thing left of my human traits are the colour of my eyes and my hands."

Spider nodded before looking at me once again. "So, you can change humans into na'vi, how did you do it?"

"When he changed, it was the first time I had used my powers to that extent. It would always be when I healed him of dangerous wounds or when he was sick. But he was the only one who changed like this when I did it. So if I did it again, it might be possible, but it would take time."

I watched his face change from curious to hopeful. I knew what he was thinking, but in all honesty, I didn't know if I could do it again. I had done it the one time, which resulted in Kaelen. But the look in this boy's eyes told me that he would be willing to do anything.

"What powers? I knew you were an amazing healer, but what powers do you speak of?" Ronal finally spoke. I looked at her as she watched me, staring into my eyes.