Chapter 7

Neil's POV

Never stop exploring; you might get unexpectedly delicious food on the way.

"Open your eyes, Dennis."

I slowly uncovered Dennis' eyes and watched him goggle at the street ahead.

I had brought Dennis to this place which we call – Old Kirameki Plaza.

During its time, it was the main street of the city and was a bustling, colorful plaza spread over acres with traditional shops and houses selling everything from everyday commodities to antique ware like porcelain, gems, jewels. You name it.

 You name it

Over years of urbanization and globalization, the major townscapes and cities took the spotlight from places like this plaza. 

But the government helped preserve such areas like this as they are the epitome of our cultural heritage.

Dennis gawked as his eyes drank on the beautiful sight.

"I have never seen this part of the city...how did you know about this?"

"I came here once." I stretched, relaxing in the fresh wind. "Thought this would cheer you up."

Color rose on Dennis' cheeks, but he quickly turned elsewhere so I wasn't so sure. "Then, shall we start exploring?"

Tiny yet spacious streets snaked its way around the plains, with the most vibrant collection of buildings on either side, glimmering in the sunlight.

Their various merchandise hung on hooks or ropes from the sleek roofs or were arranged outside for display.

Dennis and I window-shopped for almost everything, every single object there catching our fancy. I was afraid seeing the price tags would make us run away but these are pretty affordable.

We eventually stopped at this woodenware shop where Dennis bought some hand-made keychains and I bought a pencil stand shaped like a tree trunk

We eventually stopped at this woodenware shop where Dennis bought some hand-made keychains and I bought a pencil stand shaped like a tree trunk. And then bought a gola (ice popsicle).