Chapter 15

Hey peeps! I know I haven't updated since a while so here's an extra long chapter to compensate for that!

Enjoy reading and do comment your thoughts! I am always eager for feedback!

Jamie's POV

It's like a puzzle, except some pieces are missing

I felt like I was slipping down an endless chasm. The anguish and the dull throbbing pain weighed me down. My body felt like it was on fire.

Until, I felt like I saw a bit of light. A ray of hope. I peeled my eyes open and sunlight almost blinded me. I shut them tightly, gripping a soft, silky material in my hands.

I reopened my eyes, slowly this time. Everything was blurry but I could make out sunlight seeping in through a balcony overlooking a vague green expanse. Cool wind sneaked in, soothing my warm body.

A gentle chime sounded and I saw a windchime hanging by the side.

It was all fine, but the million-dollar question: Where was I? Of course, the question wouldn't be Who am I? like the movies. I am Jamie and I am not amnesiac. Thank you.

"You woke up." I flinched and turned towards the source of the voice. A gasp escaped my lips when I realized – this is a stranger.

That's when it struck me. Dennis, Maya and Neil. The park. Where were they?

I sensed a strong smell of jasmine. Wait, I am in heat!

And I am in an unfamiliar place – stuck with a stranger! Does he realize I am in heat?! What if he does? What if-what if he gets aroused and decides to...

I clenched the sheets, turning my face away. Sweat dripped down my face.

"Hey, no need to be scared. I am not going to harm you." The voice was soft and gentle.

Well, that's what every child predator says, I screamed in my head.

But was there some genuineness in his voice? I heard him approach my bed. My heart skipped a beat when I felt his hand caress my cheek, slow and tender.

"High temperature." I hear him mutter. "This should help you."

He withdrew and my eyes fixated on him; observing his every move. Who was he? What did he want from me?

Everything was still a bit blurry to me, but I could make out his lean figure and his dark, lustrous hair hung right above his shoulders.

That was when I felt another shooting pain in my head, that travelled down all the way to my toes. I felt wet and sticky, not just because of sweating profusely in this afternoon heat.

Something else arose along with the pain. Something I had never experienced before. It was deep and enticing. Desires. They emerged within me – so deep and unknown it was I would have been ashamed of it had I been in a normal state.

I wriggled around the bed, wanting to somehow quench this want of mine. But it just made it worse. My body tingled in places...it shouldn't.

I wanted to break free, I wanted to release, I wanted to do things I had never done till now.

I let out an involuntary moan and tensed, realizing I am doing this in front of a stranger.

The stranger turned upon hearing me and I buried my head in the pillow in shame.

The furious energy bubbling inside me...ugh, it was killing me. I want something. I want someone.

Well, stranger or not, as long as I get someone to help me with this.