Chapter 4

Jamie's POV

Siblings are speedbumps. They are always part of your journey and give you a bumpy ride.

It's pleasing when you realize you share the same secret hobbies with your bestie. Thrilling, when she possesses similar wild desires and, totally hilarious when she is also crazy in some ways.

Currently, Maya and I are walking-no, sprinting noiselessly across a deserted alley like thieves – but in bright daylight.

                                                                                              Maya

"I am positive!" She said, licking her lips. "This is the fastest way! we go into the diagonal street and turn left-then down Konoha Street and the museum's there."

In her bright Tyrolean hat with a tucked red feather, and lemon green overalls I was tempted to say she could pass off as Peter Pan's sister but I chose to stay quiet.

We went down the route she told but we were faced with a dead-end. She gaped at the concrete wall. "I-It's gotta be here. I was here the previous time." And she pointed to a garage. "Look, it's the one with the blue shutter-that's how I remembered it!"

"Perhaps, there is more than one garage here with a blue shutter?" I suggested.

No matter where Maya goes, she carries her "explorer" side everywhere. For her, every time she goes out is for a mission. Every place she travels to, is adventure.

She's the right person to go for asking the best coffee shop or the newest mall or the nearest library. In fact, it was she who insisted we visit this cool vintage camera museum which'll close at 6 pm daily and today is its last day of exhibition before moving elsewhere.

5:40 pm. My watch displayed.

We'll make it. We can. We will. I ran my hand through my hair.

"You were right Jamie!" Maya suddenly exclaimed, a kind of sparkle in her eyes. "The actual street with the blue shutter is next!"

She pointed towards the street and quick as a flash, sprinted ahead.

"Wait for me!"

"How about a race? Whoever reaches there first, buys the tickets!" She winked.

She must really know how much I hate physical activities especially in the middle of summer.

But I still ran after her and was soon reduced to huffing and puffing following the long, narrow and dusty path after her. It was like a winding corridor in huge castles – the ones which feel never-ending.

Eventually, we were reaching the end where the road forked and Maya was laughing – pulling my leg about how I'll lose both the race and the money.

And in that moment, I saw something she didn't. A blurry figure zoomed down on the road to the right, headed towards where Maya would be in a few seconds.