Nightmares

"Hey baby! Baby, wake up!", I hear someone scream.

My mother is grabbing my arm, ripping it off my shoulder. Tears of pain run down my cheeks until I feel a soft touch on my nape.

"Y/N! Wake up!", my saviour screams.

I jump up from the bed, with tears warming my neck, tracing it down until my belly button. I feel someone's arms grabbing me from the back. It's Roger. I turn and jump on him, wrapping my legs around his hips and shutting my mouth in the crook of his neck. I am tired of crying and sobbing almost every night.

"What's happening?", I hear Brian entering the room.

"Sh, sh, it's nothing baby, it's nothing...", Roger tries to reassure me, "It's just a bad dream, it's just a nightmare. I'm here Y/N, don't worry"

As I hear this words, I stop crying. Who knew that words could heal? No one ever reassured me this way. His words were like a chant for my ears, like a sweet lullaby for my swollen eyes, like warm hands wiping off my tears and cries, taking away any fear from my mind. Roger peppers kisses all over my face.

"Thanks so much Roger... You don't need to do this, I will be ok, go back to sleep...", I say to my love.

"Baby, I'm not... Muah! Leaving you... Muah! Like this! Muah!", Roger interrupts me but not interrupting his small kisses.

"Hey you lovebirds, I'm going back to sleep!", alerts us Brian before going back to his room.

"Rog, you're the best", I finally say, hugging him with his hair gently touching my forehead.

I am traversed by sudden shivers in my spine and all my body shakes.

"I don't think I can sleep anymore...", I say shyly.

"Sure babe", Roger answers calmly.

"Rog?"

"Mhm?"

"Can you stay up with please?", I say, "If you want to sleep there's no problem though"

"Y/N, let's make a thing clear. I am NOT going back to sleep after this, I want to reassure you all night, all day, all my life.", Roger says looking me in the eyes, while he sits me on the bed and then comes next to me, with his hands on my upper arm, "Y/N, I think I love you"

"What?!", I can't believe my own ears.

"I think I LOVE YOU!", he accentuates his last words to make them jump directly to my heart.

Those words struck me. He loves ME? Me, a literal kid he just met? Me, a dumb girl who didn't even finish her studies because her own parents chased her? Me, a hopeless soul in search of happiness? I just can't believe it.

"I-I think I love yo-you too...", I respond with a shaky tone of voice.

I cuddle my head in the crook of his neck. That place is so fucking comfortable, I could rest my head in that hole for the rest of my life. The last tear streams down my face as I rise my face up at Roger and smile at him with the biggest smile I managed to do. He places a long wet kiss on my forehead as he pushes me on the bed and cuddles me for the rest of the night.

———————————————————————

Hey all you Queen fans or just people on Wattpad! If you're reading this shit of a story since the beginning, I have to thank you for your dear loyalty and for not letting me down. Bye loves and see you at the next update!