thirteen

[trigger warnings]
this chapter contains the following: self-degredation (as in, Jimin is very hard on himself, and thinks it's his fault that Namjoon hit him), anxiety, and subtle temptation.
If any of this makes you uncomfortable, read at your own risk, or don't read at all; you're mental health is more important that my views

————— ♱ —————

—JIMIN FOUND HIMSELF NEAR THE EDGE DAYS AFTER HIS ARGUMENT WITH NAMJOON, TUCKED BEHIND THE SAFETY OF HIS WINGS. He felt ashamed to show Taehyung his face. The Arch was a vision of beauty in his mind, sculpted by God no less, and the bruise on his own cheek made him feel disgusting and ugly. He couldn't bring himself to look at him with his own eyes.

"You're very quiet today, Angel,"

He couldn't see the way Taehyung was studying him — the way his eyes darkened as his head tilted from side to side, trying to catch a glimpse of him from behind his wings.

"M'sorry,"

"Why are you hiding, Angel?"

"B-Because I-"

Jimin did not finish his sentence, afraid that he'd start crying. He'd been upset all morning, hiding out in his room, and it wasn't until he knew that nobody would see him slipping out to see Taehyung that he forced the tears to stop.

"Because of what?"

Jimin did not respond; two cold hands found their way to his wings, and gently pried them open. Jimin whimpered in embarrassment as he tried to duck his head so that Taehyung could not see, but his hand caught his face and turned his attention towards him. Crimson pierced his soul as the hands retracted, and Jimin couldn't quite comprehend the expression he was making, but he didn't look happy.

"There you are, Angel; why are you so upset, darling, did something happy?"

Jimin nodded.

"What happened, love? Why is your cheek bruised?"

"I upset him,"

"Who?"

"Namjoon,"

Taehyung frowned, brows knitting together in frustration.

"And how could you have possibly upset him?"

"He knows I've been coming to see you. He's upset that I went looking for answers in this place,"

"And why would that upset him? He doesn't control you,"

"He's upset that I didn't go to him for answers, but it isn't like he'd tell me anything,"

"Then he has no right to be angry with you. He should have told you himself if he didn't want you running off on your own,"