eighteen

[trigger warnings]
this chapter contains the following: mentions/thoughts of corruption, vulgar languages, brief mentions of nudity
if any of these themes bother you, read at your own risk/don't read at all, please take care of your mental health, it's more important than my views

[trigger warnings]this chapter contains the following: mentions/thoughts of corruption, vulgar languages, brief mentions of nudityif any of these themes bother you, read at your own risk/don't read at all, please take care of your mental health, i...

————— ♱ —————

DON'T LET THEM KNOW YOU'RE NERVOUS

Jimin did his best to stand his ground confidently as he stood silently in the centre of the room, but fear itched away at his skin.

This is wrong! We shouldn't be here, Namjon said to have faith-

SHUT UP! YOU'LL RUIN IT FOR US!

"The Council recognizes you, Park Jimin,"

Jimin raised his head.

The Council Room looked nothing like the rest of the Heavens (at least not the parts he'd been to) but it reminded him of the Hall of Fates, with its tall Arches and Pillars trimmed with gold. It was dark in here, with only a single beam of light raining down from a circular opening in the sky. He could barely make out the figures of the Council Members from the blinding light, but they were there, watching him.

YOU'VE GOT THIS!

"I'd like to petition the Council to allow me a chance to prove myself," he said, doing his best to keep his voice calm. He doesn't remember how many times Taehyung had helped him practice his speech, but he'd put in too much effort to fail now. "I want to go on a missionary,"

"Namjoon has stated that-"

"Forgive me for being rude, Council," Jimin interrupted. "But if it weren't for the Archangel Kim Namjoon, I would have my Halo now. I've lived my life hearing the same speech over and over again: that I'm special, that I could do great things, only to be told I'm not ready, or that they don't deserve my help. When I ask questions I am chastised, ignored by those meant to teach me. I'm turned away or scolded for seeking knowledge I'm not yet ready to understand. I'm tired of it. How can I be ready when I don't know, and if others are unwilling to teach me, then I have no choice but to seek answers myself. I believe there is nothing more Kim Namjoon can teach me. It's time I found out what I am capable of. I want to serve. I want to earn my place amongst you as your equal, as someone worthy to the Lord, but I can't do that here. If God didn't want me to be an angel, he wouldn't have given me wings, and I stand before you today, asking to let me prove myself to you, to show you what I can do if I'm given the chance to do so. Thank you,"

He left out a shaky breath of air as members of the Council turned to each other in hushed whispers. His stomach turned.

What if they say no? Then what am I supposed to do?