CHAPTER 6 - cleric girl

SOUSUKE
—❁—

I sit at the desk of my loft bed and continue reading chapter 7 of the book we're meant to finish reading for class tomorrow, but I wasn't in full complete gauge. I was too busy glancing at my phone every 3 seconds waiting to get a message from Kou. Then suddenly, it happened. I visibly jumped in my seat and grabbed my phone.

[Unknown Caller] : OI MITSUBA ITS ME KOU! 😼

I smiled as widely as I could as I opened the notification and responded back,

[Sousuke Mitsuba] : OMG I DIDNT THINK U WOULD TEXT ME

Calm down, Sousuke. He's gonna think you're obsessed. Right—I need to tone it down.
I then made a new contact for Kou and titled it "lame-o".

[Sousuke Mitsuba] : u could just call me sousuke yk
[Sousuke Mitsuba] : i don't like the formal crap all that much

I watch as he responds to the message that I had typed out in all caps.

[lame-o] : NONSENSE!!!!!!!
[lame-o] : I could never pass up texting you 👍

He then responds to the messages regarding my name.

[lame-o] : AH OK! Sounds good! 😎
[lame-o] : The name Sousuke is really awesome BTW!

I could feel a cheesy smile appear on my face.

[Sousuke Mitsuba] : already quad texting me u rlly are obsessed
[lame-o] : Nahhh.....

I sat there and watched the three bubbles move up and down. He must be spell checking his text. I smile and close the book I was in the middle of reading before turning my desk lamp off, leaving my room to tell my mom goodnight. Ever since my dad passed away a while back, our relationship has been pretty solid ever since. She makes sure I'm doing okay, so I do the same for her. I then walked back to my room and shut the door behind me, looking down at my phone to see another notification from Kou- and a smile crept up on my face again. I climb up into my bed and situate myself enough to message him back.

[lame-o] : Are you down to video call ! 🙀

I smile at the little emoticon he decided to use, then quickly respond back.

[Sousuke Mitsuba] : im in my pjs and look rlly weird + my hair is a mess so maybe another time

As much as I really wanted to call him, I wasn't willing to let him see me in nothing but a t-shirt and sweat-shorts yet. And my hair wasn't even up in its usual ponytail and was just hanging down at my shoulders.

[lame-o] : WHO CARES!!!!!
[lame-o] : I'm in nothing but a t-shirt and briefs right now and I dan't even have my earring in 😿

My eyebrows raise, I was surprised at the fact that he was willing to just straightforwardly tell me he was lounging around in his boxers like that. I then gave a cheeky smirk and went to message him back, but I was interrupted by a call request. I sigh and smile, answering it. At least it wasn't a video call.

"I'm surprised you would just come right out and tell me you were laying around in nothing but a t-shirt and briefs. That's pretty perverted if you ask me." I hold the phone up to my ear as I talk. "I had to make you feel better about your situation somehow, didn't I?" I could hear Kou's smile when he spoke, and I couldn't help but smile along with him. "Yeah, sure.. so why did you want to call me?" I switch my phone to my other ear as I start fluffing my pillows. "Eh I dunno—I guess I just wanted to hear your voice." His response made me stop what I was doing, my cheeks growing warm. "Oh.. uh- I mean.. like—not like... not like I missed your—well like.." Kou tried to fix what he said, since I wasn't saying anything. "Well like! I missed talking to you.. and—like.. texting.. it got annoying." I snap out of it and shake my head. "You know, if you missed hearing my voice you can just say that." I mutter as I continue fluffing my pillows, and I could hear the sound of his phone being dropped on what sounded like his bed. "Hello?" I blink as I hear a faint noise in the background. It was Kou babbling like a flustered mess. He then picked his phone back up and held his phone speaker very close to his mouth. "Warn me next time you say something like that. You caught me off guard." I could tell he didn't want to admit that I just made a nervous wreck out of him.

We continued to talk for hours and hours about just anything and everything. School, what we're interested in, girls.. boys even. The call ended with Kou falling asleep on me, though. His faint snoring could be heard on my end of the call, but I didn't really mind. I smiled and shot him a final message, wanting to put a dinky text heart at the end of it; but holding off in the long run. It would've been weird anyway.

[Sousuke Mitsuba] : gn u big mouth breather

I hung up on him and plugged my phone back in, turning it off- and then climbing back up into bed before tucking myself in. I look up at the ceiling with nothing but a smile on my face. I began to let an idea spark in my brain, and I suddenly had the urge to let him know how he's been making me feel. But I quickly dismissed it with a shake of my head, because I haven't even properly known him for a day. I then close my eyes, drifting off with a sense of calm in my body. I had a feeling of belonging when I spoke to him.

I even admit. I think I'm beginning to fall in love with him.