CHAPTER 9 - redwoood

KOU
—❁—

I spit the last bit of blood out of my mouth; I had no idea how hard this fight was going to end up being with this apparition. Thankfully I pulled through in the end, and I exorcised the thing out of existence. I sigh and get up, holding my arm. I hadn't realized how beat up I got because of the adrenaline running through my body. I look down at myself, my uniform absolutely destroyed—and I could feel my heart banging in my chest; but I only had one thought on my mind.

I had to find Mitsuba and apologize to him. I had to let him know what really happened.

I put the umbrella disguise back on my staff before reaching in my pocket for my phone. Crap. My thumb rubs over a crack that ran across my screen. It must've cracked at some point whenever the apparition had the upper hand. I go to message Mitsuba, but the message doesn't deliver; so that means he blocked me. I can feel a frown grow across my face, but I shake it off. I shouldn't be the one playing victim here, Mitsuba is the one who deserves an explanation and an apology.

I start to make my way to Mitsubas house, not even thinking about if he'll want to see my face again—but I couldn't give up.

On my way to Mitsubas house, I pass the pastry shop that I took him to last Thursday. My eyebrows narrow as I look towards my route, but then I decide to take a detour into the shop and get Mitsuba a thing of flan as a sort of peace offering; then I continued my way to his apartment. I could feel myself growing more and more nervous the closer I got, but I wasn't going to let it turn me away now.

I eventually made it to his apartment, and I could feel the adrenaline begin to wear off in my body—and the pain from the fight I had was starting to sink in. I could taste my lip bleeding, so I could only imagine how I look from another persons perspective. I sigh as I limp my way over to the door that read 'Sousuke' off to the side, and I hesitated to raise my hand to knock before knocking in some odd pattern—then I stepped back. My breath was shaky, my nerves were shot like crazy. That was on top of my body feeling the after effects of my injuries.

I then watched the doorknob turn from the other side as I heard locks unlocking. My body was tensing up as I prepared to have the worst argument I've ever had in my life. I knew Mitsuba wasn't one to play nice, so there's no telling how tense things will be after what happened earlier.

I took a deep breath and looked up at Mitsuba as the door opened, trying not to show how idiotic I felt right now.