CHAPTER 44 - pretend

KOU
—❁—

The single clock in the room was all that I could hear in my hospital room. I don't think I've ever actually received treatment in a place like this since I've always just treated myself, but it was calming.. even if the beds are insanely uncomfortable.

I guess it wouldn't really matter if you were in a coma though, so I guess I should consider myself thankful.

I inhaled as I turned over, trying to actually keep my eyes shut this time—but it was no use. I've been having trouble sleeping all night, mostly out of worry. I kept imagining what would happen if I went to sleep and woke up only to find out that Sousuke got possessed by Tsukasa again.. goddamnit.

This fucking sucks.

I then lay on my back and put my hands on my face, letting out a prolonged exhale. I couldn't even sleep, and I doubted that Sousuke would still be awake.

The crap that Hanako told me earlier was starting to bother me, especially the part where he said that once Tsukasa was in, he was in for good. There was no getting rid of him, even if Teru and Hanako properly handled him in the Hell of Mirrors.

So that's it, huh?

Tch.. as if.

I rub my eyes, trying my best not to tear up. This was all so overwhelming. I don't understand how or why Tsukasa is so sick and twisted, and why he had to prey on Sousuke the way he did. Using his vulnerability to his own personal convenience and liking and then turning him into that.. thing. Not even mentioning the part where his actions almost got Sousuke killed in the first place.

Maybe I really can ask Hanako to grant me a wish, right? I mean.. I really don't see why not.

I then quickly sit up and grip the bedding beside me, coming to an insane conclusion.

This is probably something that I should properly discuss with Sousuke, so fingers crossed he's still awake.

My arm reached over to the bedside table that was beside my bed as I picked my phone back up and turned it on again, messaging Sousuke immediately.

[Kou Minamoto] : You still up?

My eyes stayed glued to my screen as I waited for him to see the message and respond.

[MY MITSU!!] : ya lmao y are u still up tho

[Kou Minamoto] : Couldn't sleep.
[Kou Minamoto] : I was thinking a lot about something, do you think I could fill you in?

[MY MITSU!!] : uhh srry what ??

[Kou Minamoto] : Fill you in?
[Kou Minamoto] : As in like.. tell you what I was thinking about??????

[MY MITSU!!] : LMAO U IDIOT
[MY MITSU!!] : i knew that
[MY MITSU!!] : i was just joking .. advance ur humor

I softly scoff as my face grows a little warm.

[Kou Minamoto] : Yeah yeah, whateverrvrrrr
[Kou Minamoto] : Do you think the doctors around here will tackle me if I leave my room to come and pay you a visit?

[MY MITSU!!] : highly doubt it lmao
[MY MITSU!!] : i talked to my mom just a bit ago and she knows that im wanting to visit u
[MY MITSU!!] : honestly had no idea that she was working tonight but im kinda glad she is lol
[MY MITSU!!] : saves me the trouble of being treated by some scary stranger woman !!

[Kou Minamoto] : Do you know your room number now? This is urgent.

[MY MITSU!!] : if ur trying to bang in the hospital ur weird and im going to bed