CHAPTER 43 - need 2

MITSUBA
—❁—

I softly sigh as I scoop the last of the jello out of the cup that a nurse had fetched for me. Everything felt sore, and I mean everything.

It was mainly my head and the spot where that Hanako guy jabbed me with a knife, and to be completely honest with you.. I have no idea how I'm alive.

I then looked over at the door as I heard it open, and was greeted with my moms worried face.

"Oh my god, Sousuke! My baby!" She rushes over and hugs me tightly, "What happened!?" "I-I was attacked, Mom.. but I'm fine.." She looks at me, frowning. "By who..?" I look down as I set my empty jello cup down on the table.

I had to think of some excuses, and fast. I can't just tell her that some ghost whipped me out of the grocery store and fed me the heart of something—since that was really all I could remember before feeling that knife go through my back and literally almost dying in Kous arms.

"Um.. I-I don't really remember.. Kou and I were just in a park and someone came behind me and shanked me.." I look down at my legs before looking back up at her. "Kou fought them though and kept my camera from being stolen." "Oh honey.. that sounds awful, but I'm glad you're okay." She puts her hands on my cheeks and softly smiles. "I was so worried when I found out you were being treated, but I'm thankful that you didn't get killed or anything. Kou is still down in the lobby, but he's alright.." I frown and look up at her. "Can I see him?" "Well.. I'm not sure. He might've been taken back for treatment by now since he was pretty beat up himself. The nurse that brought me down to you told me that he's been rejecting treatment for a while now, so maybe he finally gave in."

My eyebrows narrow as I look down at my legs.

How long have I been here?

"Oh.. I see.. what about once he's in a room?" I look back up at her. "Will I be able to see him then?" "It's not good for you to be leaving the room, you're on bed rest honey. You need to give your wounds some time to heal around the stitches." I frown a bit, "Oh." She softly smiles. "But I'm sure that he'll come and visit you once he's given the okay by the doctors that are seeing him. Are you hungry?" I nod a bit. "Do you want me to go get you some curry and some flan from the cafeteria? It might cheer you up." She smiles and softly holds my shoulder. "Yeah.. that sounds nice." I softly nod and look up at her. "Alright! I'll go get those for you really quick, you stay put." I nod again and softly smile as she kisses me on the head and walks to the door, leaving.

I then looked out the window, noticing that it was now nighttime. The only person I wanted right now was Kou.

What I really wanted was to be held in his arms so I could thank him for literally saving my life.. but I might not even be able to.

I suddenly noticed my phone buzz on the tray, so I of course picked it up and checked. Sure enough, it was Kou asking about me.

[dumbhead idiot stupid] : Hey.
[dumbhead idiot stupid] : How are you doing?
[dumbhead idiot stupid] : You doing okay?

I softly smile before typing my response.

[Sousuke Mitsuba] : ya :)
[Sousuke Mitsuba] : wby ?

[dumbhead idiot stupid] : You know.. living the dream haha.
[dumbhead idiot stupid] : I've been worried sick about you, but I'm glad you're alive.
[dumbhead idiot stupid] : What all did they do to you?

[Sousuke Mitsuba] : they just stitched me up a little
[Sousuke Mitsuba] : that hanako guy probably knew what he was doing cuz he somehow missed all the major organs lol