CHAPTER 49 - memory

SOUSUKE
—❁—

⚘ PRESENT ⚘

"That should be the last of my things." I softly smile and look at my Mom as I shut the trunk. "My goodness, I still can't believe that my baby is going to college.. it still feels so unreal." "I'm excited, though. Being able to finally make something of my loser hobby." "Oh hush! Now stand here so I can take your picture!"

I smile as my Mom puts her hands on my shoulders and situates me in front of the trunk of the car. This was technically my car now, since she finally treated herself with all that fancy hospital money and got one of those new fancy cars that all the rich doctors at her job are driving around. I was feeling so many different emotions at once, it was like I was sad to be going, anxious about what I was gonna be entering, and excited for all the new opportunities that I'd be able to get.

Hopefully a hot guy is one of them, because I've been single for way too long..

All of 7th year up was a blur, but I guess that's a good thing. Kamome certainly wasn't the highest point in my life, but then again it never is for anyone.

"Alright honey.. please please please!! Call me if you ever need anything! And please do not be afraid to visit, I will be checking in on you as soon as you arrive.. so please drive safe." "I promise, Mom. And I'll visit as often as I can, there's no telling how scary it'll be once I get there so you might even see me again today if we're both so lucky." She softly chuckles and walks up to me, kissing me on the cheek before rubbing her light tint of lipstick off of it with her thumb. "I love you honey, please be safe." I nod and walk over to the driver side, opening the door as I feel my phone buzz. "I love you too Mom, I'll let you know when I get to the place." She softly smiles and nods, watching me get into the car. "Hey, and don't stay cooped up in the house all day.. go treat yourself or something, you've deserve it." "Okay honey. Don't you worry about me." I wave out the window before pulling out of the parking lot, beginning the long drive to the Tokyo School of Visual Arts.

It wasn't all that far, but at least a 40 minute drive. I would've stayed at home with my Mom, but I wanted to move on campus so I could experience college in its full. I could feel that my phone buzzed as I got in the car, so I should probably check it as soon as possible to make sure it isn't one of my co workers or something having to do with school.. I'm kinda hungry anyways. Thankfully there was a convenience store just down the road from my house.

Once I made it there, I walked inside and took my phone out immediately.. but it was just a notification from someone following me on Instagram. I've never heard of this person in my life.. username, "koumoto3".. maybe it's some guy that's turning to me for some new eye candy after leaving a relationship with his estranged girlfriend.

The name certainly sounds the part.

I softly exhale and grab some chips off the shelf that I'm looking at before looking down at my phone again, seeing that this new random account was starting to spam like my posts. "What the.." I softly mutter before pressing the notification, which immediately takes me to my most recent post. It was just some random selfies I took with either the .5 back camera flash or some with no focus while hanging around town hella late. I then scrolled down to the post after that, seeing that it was liked by the same random person. It was weird though.. any of the pictures that had other people in them, specifically other guys in it, weren't liked.  For instance, there was one that had a photo of me and my good friends from my photography class from back when a group of my friends and I hung out, and we were standing close together as I held a hand over my face and he had his hand put up on my head.

Yeah, there's no doubt this is weird. Who even is this guy anyway..

I then press on the profile picture-less account and see that there were actually some posts put up. There were very few, some older.. and some more recent. Oh god, looks like this guy is a gym hunk.. I then glance up at his bio and read it to myself quietly as I grab a can of strawberry ramune. "Minamoto Kou.. 19, TSVA.."