CHAPTER 29 - run

DC !!

SOUSUKE
—❁—

Kou and I are suddenly interrupted by the sound of his bedroom door being pushed open, and this caused us to quickly separate ourselves from each other. "Kou, Dad wants to know what you want fro-" It was Kous older brother Teru.

Oh god..

Kou immediately grows defensive and gets up from his bed, getting all square with Teru. "I know the saying is get a room, but I kind of wish your room had a room so that I didn't have to witness whatever the hell I witnessed for about 2 seconds there." "Shit Teru! Have you not heard of knocking?!" "I have actually, but haven't you heard of answering the phone when you get a phone call?" He responds in a voice that's mocking my own. "I have actually." I sigh as I just stare at the 2 from Kous bed.

It was like we were all having a 3-way staring contest and it was starting to feel awkward.

"I'm not gonna stand here and listen to you shout at me about how to knock on a door.. so just—" He sighs and looks to the side before glancing at the two of us again. "Just.. come downstairs when you're ready to let me know what burger you want." He then quickly leaves Kous bedroom and shuts the door behind him.

I could tell that Kou was on edge about something, but I didn't know what—and I wasn't really bothered to ask him. "Come on.. before the moment sinks in for him even more." I nod at Kous request and quickly get up from his bed, pushing all the wrinkles out of my t-shirt the best that I could. This was all so incredibly embarrassing.. like—insanely embarrassing. "Here, put this on. It might help you cover up your neck." I look up at Kou and see that he was holding one of his jackets out to me, so I immediately took it and slipped it on. My body almost felt immediate comfort as I was engulfed with the warmth and the smell of Kou, finally understanding why girlfriends are always stealing the clothes of their boyfriends.

We eventually make our way downstairs, and we're almost immediately greeted with the sound of Terus bickering. "So.. about MOS Burger?" I glance at Teru, but he was too busy trying not to glance back at me. My eyes then moved back up and looked at Kou. "Uhh.. I need a second to think about that." "I'm sure you do since you probably can't stop thinking about sucking the rest of Mitsubas face off." "At least I have a face to suck off.." I look back at Teru and watch his eyes turn into a narrow squint. "No need to get all defensive, just tell me what you want and I'll leave you two back to whatever gross crap you guys were up to before getting busted." "For your information, we weren't even gonna do whatever it is you're thinking about." Teru slowly nods his head upwards and raises his eyebrows. "Surrree.."

I still couldn't believe we just made out and kissed on each other for as long as we did. How am I gonna hide these from my mom? I didn't know. I'm definitely gonna have to go invest in some makeup or something on the way home.

"I just want to know why you didn't knock before you decided to barge in." "Because I thought that you were gonna be here alone." I look at Kou as he sighs. I felt my face grow all hot as I started replaying highlights of the situation in my head. "You still should've knocked. It's just common sense.. closed door equals knock." "I wouldn't have had to barge in on you two if you picked up your damn phone." "Listen.. just—please don't tell Dad." "I was already planning on keeping my mouth shut about it." There was a moment of silence between all of us before Teru broke it again. "So are you guys going to come with us to MOS Burger or not? If not then tell me what you want so I can order it for you." "Uhh—I mean.. I don't think we should get in the car with you know who. He'd see the marks on Sousukes neck and get all weird." "Okay.. so then what do you want?" I watched Kou as he continues to try his best to playoff the situation before he answered Teru with the order that he wanted. I was probably just going to eat at home so I wasn't in the mood for anything. "Right, well—please don't let me come and catch you two again.. especially with Tiara and Dad present. That would be a nightmare." Kou and I watch Teru as he gets up and walks over to the door. He was holding a pair of Tiaras shoes to take out to her along with a key to the house. "You have our word.. promise." I exhale as Teru leaves, finally able to relax my uptight nerves. My hands lowered themselves to reveal a bunch of redish-pinkish marks on my neck.