Chapter 21: Real Memories

Minho

He was left in his room for a long time, which was unusual, but he didn't complain. Sleep was a luxury in this place. When he wasn't being poked prodded or tested on, he hardly ate and just wanted to sleep. Especially when he didn't dream. His dreams were always twisted in some way, so when he woke up he wasn't sure what was real or not, what was implanted and what was truth. And he hated it, he always woke with a pounding headache and a sick feeling in his gut and a tightness in his chest. Every time he was ripped from his bed, it was with a little less hope. It had been so long and there was no light at the end of this tunnel, none that he could see anyway. Janson was getting more desperate, and was becoming more aggressive.

He rolled his aching body over and fell back asleep. This time though his mind had wandered back to Alex. Ever since Teresa had slipped him that message in the interrogation room yesterday, all he could think about was her...and tried to figure out what he felt or thought about her. His exhausted mind slipped into memories.

He looked down at her nervous face, looking for his reassurance. She had a few cuts and scrapes, a bruise on her cheek bone, but she was still the most beautiful person he had ever seen. He stepped forward, so he was standing in between her legs, "I'll be right here." he smiled at her.

Dr. Prior nodded at him. "Okay Alex, this will sting. And I'm sorry in advance."

She took a deep breath and hissed when the medical device touched her back. She grabbed a handful of Minho's t shirt and leaned her head onto his broad, strong chest. His stomach clenched when she gasped and hissed in pain. She let out a whimper. Minho cupped the back of her head, and held her. He couldn't take the pain away, but he could hold her...he could be there for her. 

The exam room from the Waystation faded, and turned into the cafeteria.

Minho had seen her walk towards the cafeteria line, she didn't see them at the very back.

"Guys I'll be right back. Alex is here!" He hopped up and wove through the tables, as he got closer, he could hear her snapping at the guy behind her. He saw the guy step closer into her personal space.

"I said I'm fine. Back off." She snarled, her fist clenching around her butter knife.

Oh shuck...she's gonna stab him!

The guy slid closer again "Oh come on, sweetheart. I can-"

"Dude. She said back off." Minho snarled at the guy.

"Minho!" Alex smiled brightly, as she turned to see him. He wrapped his big muscular arm around her waist, his hand clamped on her hip, pulling her in close, claiming her. 

He looked down, and she looked up at him with her bright beautiful hazel eyes. She raised up onto her tip toes and kissed him in a long slow kiss, slipping her tongue into his mouth, for good measure. He hummed quietly, kissing her back, loving the sweet taste of her lips, his hand slid down to her backside for a moment. He smirked a little when he felt her inhale sharply. Then she lowered back down, he felt the cold emptiness when she lowered down, he wanted more. They both looked at the guy standing there with his mouth open, looking back and forth between them.

"Like I bloody said, slint head. I have my own friends and if I need anyone 'showing me the ropes', it will be him" Alex nodded at Minho, "My beefy delicious cake of a boyfriend."

Boyfriend...I love that word.

Minho didn't smile, his face stone cold, glaring at the guy trying to hit on his girlfriend. He removed his arm from Alex's waist and crossed them across his chest, making his muscles bulge out of his tight black t shirt. He shifted his stance so he was slightly in front of Alex.