Chapter 25: Look What the cat dragged in

Felix and Teresa made it through the city without any issues. Felix knew the city and followed the back alleys avoiding busy streets. Felix had to pull he back into the shadows a few times, she was so absorbed in the flashing billboards. He chucked watching her big blue eyes light up with surprise.

They reached the train station. However, there seemed to be more police and WICKED presence. The maintenance door was easy enough to find, but how to open it and slip through without notice was the teal issue. One guard kept turning his head back to watching them. Felix had his head down and turned his head away, catching Teresa's eye. Teresa was leaning casually on the door, Felix was beside her.

When he caught her eye he whispered, "I think he recognizes me!"

"Do you trust me?" Teresa asked urgently.

"Wha-"

He was cut off by Teresa. She had grabbed his jacked and pulled him infront of her and pushed up onto her top toes and kissed him.
He froze. His eyes sprung wide for a second but then fluttered shut. His hand automatically went to her waist and one to her cheek.

Teresa lowered back down breaking the kiss.

Felix was panting and his eyes were unfocused.

"Wha...what..?" He stammered.

Teresa's cheeks were flushed in a blush, but her voice was steady when she spoke, though a little breathless.

"PDA makes other people uncomfortable. He's not looking anymore."

His eyes went wide and his jaw dropped a little. Teresa gave him a sheepish smile. Once his shock disappeared he smirked down at her.

"Nice. Some quick thinking."

Teresa suddenly pulled his jacket again making him stumble a step closer. Before he caught his balance she surprised him with another kiss. He stumbled forwards again, falling into the wall behind Teresa. His one hand caught the wall, while the other went to the back of her head so she would smack it, not breaking their kiss.

Teresa reached behind her, caught hold of the door knob and twisted it. Only when the door was a crack open did she break their kiss again, stepping backwards through the door, pulling Felix with her. The door swung closed behind them, leaving the bright lights and loud noises behind.

"Well... that's uh...one way to.." Felix cleared his throat and rubbed the back of his neck.

"Oh yeah..um..sorry. Sorry for surprising you or if it umm...if you were uncomfortable. Sorry.." Teresa mumbled, her face red.

"Don't be sorry! Surprise me any time." Felix said with a bit of a shy smirk.

They both glanced at each other quickly with smiles.

"Well I guess down the tunnle we go." Teresa said, gesturing to the hall.

They barely made it through the train tunnel. Teresa was a pretty fast runner, but that train was definitely faster. They didn't quite make the ladder. Felix had to flatten himself over her, pressing her into the wall, protecting her body with his own. Once the train passed, he slowly pulled away from her, but not completely, he looked down as she looked up at him. They both stood frozen, sharing the same breath. They were both breathing heavily. They stood rooted to the spot until a distant sound of a train whistle got their attention.

"Up the ladder, quick." Felix urged, he grabbed her hand and pulled her, and used her up the ladder first, he kept a hand on her back until she was up. He jumped and pulled himself up right behind her.

"Thank you..for saving me." Teresa said quietly, glancing quickly at him then looked back at the ground.

"No problem...just .uh call it soldier training..." he chuckled, rubbing the back of his neck. "So. I guess we follow this dark creepy tunnel until we find the ladder Alex told us about."