Chapter 30: Escape

Alex slowly woke up. It was the first night in many many months she didn't wake up screaming. She was still tired and sore, still trapped in WICKED, but she woke with a smile. She heard a familiar thump of Minho's heart beat, she felt gentle fingers running through her hair. And she sighed in contentment.

"Morning sleeping beauty." Said a husky morning voice that she missed so shucken much.

"Morning handsome...5 more minutes" she mumbled snuggling closer. He chuckled.

"Sure. No idea what their plan is. It's always random, and with no clock in here, time is hard to tell. Could have been an hour, could be a full day, but they just badge in and drag me from sleep."

Alex had opened her sleepy eyes, watching his face as he explained. "I'm sorry Min. That's awful. Seems weird they would actually put us together though. Maybe he was hoping you would strangle me? Or I'd strangle you? Who shucken knows...I'm pretty sure he's turning into a crank."

Minho looked at her thoughtfully, "ya that would make sense. He has been more jacked than ever."

Alex just hummed.

"Wonder if they'll bring us coffee...?" She yawned, closing her eyes again.

There was nowhere to go, and nothing to get up for. Whatever shucked up plans they had for them would happen, she wasn't worried about it, not right now anyways. She snuggled her face into Minho's neck, closing her eyes and falling back asleep, with his arms wrapped around her, and her arms around him.

________________________

Their cell door flew open and WICKED guards stormed in, followed by a smug looking Janson. He stopped dead in his tracks when he saw the two wrapped around each other. His face morphed into a twisted look of anger.

"Get up." He demanded.

"Shuck off Janson, I'm sleeping." Alex groaned, not bothering to open her eyes, but lifted a hand and flopped him off.

Minho snorted.

"I said get up!" He screamed.

"Man. This alarm clock needs to shut up. Where's the off button?" She yawned.

Minho snorted again, "I missed your smart ass mouth." He kissed her forehead.

Alex finally opened her eyes and smirked at him. She looked up at Janson, who was huffing like a bull.

"What's the matter Rat Man? Hoping we'd hate each other? He'd strangle me? Have me crying in the shuck corner?" She asked with mock concern.

"We disappointed him." Minho agreed.

"Like I shucken give a rats ass!" She snarked.

They both laughed. Jason nodded to the guards who stepped forwards and pulled them from bed.

"Jeeze I'm up, I'm up. Aggressive alarm clocks you have here." Alex said as she was pulled from Minho and made to stand. She was glad she put her sports bra back on last night, after their reunion.

"Well, it looks like we need to use more aggressive treatment." He smiled evilly at them.

"Yes. I suggest Rat poison, looks like WICKED has an infestation." Alex nodded seriously. Minho was choking trying to hold his laughter in.

"Shuck Alex! That mouth!" He managed between his laughing.

"Yes, I know you would love to kiss it...again." She winked at him, just to annoy Janson, "Oh it's gotten worse, love. So much worse, you should see me, Bee and Kenz together...we're AWFUL. Hilarious...but awful."