Recap from Defier

Alex didn't say anything, or stop. She ignored all calls to her. Her eyes glazed and distance, she just kept walking. She walked out of the destroyed camp. She followed the path up the mountain. She came to a stop on the ledge where she last felt truly happy. She stepped right up to the edge, her toes hanging over the edge.

She watched the sun rise. She stood still, arms wrapped around herself, letting the tears fall. She let them fall one last time. She wouldn't cry again, she promised herself. Tears and crying did nothing but waste time. Crying also meant she felt something...she didn't want to feel anymore. She was tired of feeling. The sun had risen, sending happy bright sunshine beams into the world, mocking her pain and heartbreak.

Minho called her Sunshine.

One more tear slid down her cheek. No more sunsets. No more sunrises. No more crying. No more feelings. She wiped her tears, sniffling. She turned to leave, something white caught her eye stuck in a bush. She picked it up. Uncrumpling it. It was the paper Minho wrote his song on. A cry caught in her throat. She held the paper in her hand, staring at it, blinking her tears away. The last piece of him. She had her necklace and his song.

"Hey..." a quiet voice spoke.

"Hey Tommy." Her voice was raspy and quiet.

"I'm going to go get him back."

*******

"I won't leave him behind." Thomas stated.

"I have to go after them. I made a promise to Minho. They have Sonya." Alex growled, her face set.

"Hey, kid, look around you. Alright? WICKED just kicked our ass. You think about where you're headed!" Vince tried to talk them out of it.

Alex crossed her arms and glared at Vince.
"We're not asking you to come with us."

"Thomas. Alex..listen to me. I've known Minho for...Well, as long as I can remember." Newt started, "So, if there was any way that we could help him...trust me, I would be up there standing next to you."

"Then get your shuck bloody arse up here." Alex snapped, "it's not just Minho! They have Sonya. And Tes. and Aris..."

"This, what you're talking about...it's impossible. More like suicide." Vince said skeptically.

"Maybe." Thomas shrugged. "But I know what I'm supposed to do now."-

"What WE are supposed to do" Alex injected.

Thomas nodded, "It's not just about Minho or Sonya...or Tes. It's about all of us. It's about everyone WICKED's ever taken, everyone they will take."

"They'll never stop. They'll never stop, so I'm gonna stop them. I'm going to take them down, brick by brick, person by person. I'm gonna kill Ava Paige. And Janson." Alex concluded.

Her voice was growling now. It was a vow. A promise. She would take them down or die trying. She caught Captain Ronin's gaze, and gave her a nod.

"I have to admit...I'd like some revenge." Harriet called from the back of the group, as she cocked her shotgun.

"Well Revenge sounds a little harsh...I like to call it shucken payback." Alex smiled maliciously, the gentleness and calm peace left, replaced by a wild manic calm. The idea of viciously taking down WICKED filled her with a wild fire that burnt in her chest.

"Amen sisters. I'm in!" Brenda called, fist pumping.

"Well, that's a good speech, kids. So, what's your plan?" Vince asked, crossing his arms.

Alex looked at Thomas, and they both smiled deviously.

Underestimate me WICKED. That'll be fun.