Insecurities

"Stupid dress!", I exclaimed angrily as I looked at myself in the mirror. Why couldn't it just fit like I wanted it to?
Everything I wanted was to find something cute to wear for the campfire tonight but my insecurities decided to visit me.

Annoyed, I pulled the dress back over my head and tossed it to the floor. I walked back to my closet and started to look for something else to wear. But everything I considered just looked ugly when I tried it on.
At some point I decided to give up and miss tonights activities.

Sighing, I pulled a big hoodie over my head and stepped into a pair of joggers. I let myself plop down onto my bed and watched all my siblings leave the cabin until I was completely alone.
I turned so that I laid on my back and stared at the ceiling.
Why couldn't I be pretty like everyone else? Did aphrodite hate me or something?

In that moment, there was a light knock on the door. I frowned. Why would anyone be here instead of at the campfire? There was another knock. "Come in", I called and pushed myself up into a sitting position.
The door cracked open and a familiar face with messy curly hair looked inside.
"(y/n)?", he asked into the darkness, vaguely looking to the direction he knew my bed was in. I groaned and hid underneath my blanket "I'm here.". Instantly, I heard his footsteps walking towards me and i felt my mattress sink as he sat down.
Leo softly poked my back "Anyone home?". "No", I answered stubbornly and I heard him sigh. "What's wrong, mi amore? Why weren't you at the campfire? I was looking for you.", he asked confused. When I didn't answer he slowly pulled the blanket off my face.
"No, don't look at me.", I said and quickly covered my face with my hands. "What? Why?", he sounded really confused now. "I'm ugly.", I mumbled quietly but he still seemed to hear me. Leo softly took my hands in his and pulled them away from my face. Now that I was able to look into his eyes, I saw worry inside of them.
"Who said that?", he asked concerned and I looked down. "No one had to.", I shrugged my shoulders as tears started to roll down my cheeks. "Hey, please don't cry.", he said softly and used his thumb to wipe away a tear. "And please stop saying things like this about yourself. You're so pretty.". "You're just saying that because you're my boyfriend.", I whispered.

Leo gently laid a finger under my chin and lifted it up so he could look into my eyes again. "Well, it is my job as your boyfriend to say that, yes.", he laughed quietly "But I would also never lie to you, you know that right?". I nodded. "That means I'm not lying when I tell you that you are the most beautiful person I've ever seen.", Leo smiled softly as I blushed.

He pulled me closer to his side and I hid my face in his chest. I breathed in his scent and smiled at  this feeling of safety that only Leo could give me. "I love you so much", I whispered softly as I pulled away from the hug and looked back into his eyes. He brushed a loose strand of hair out of my face and said: "I love you too, mi amor.". I laid my hands on his cheeks and gently kissed his lips. Leo pulled me even closer and softly kissed back.

In that moment I knew that he would always be there for me, no matter what would happen.
When we eventually pulled away, he just kept on smiling, his eyes full of love. My heart fluttered when he pecked my lips one more time before he pulled me close to his chest again.
"How about we stay here for the evening?", he whispered into my ear. "Sounds good.", I replied.

Leo slowly laid down onto my bed and held his arms open for me to join him. Of course I immediately let myself fall into his warmth and sighed in content as he held me close to his chest.
"I don't know what I'd do without you.", I said softly and happily closed my eyes. "I could say the same about you.", he replied and gently kissed my head.