You're cute when you're jealous

Sorry for not posting for the last few weeks - school is almost done so I'll try to post more frequent :)
Enjoy this cute oneshot!
—•—•—•—•—
"You're so cute!", I heard (y/n) screech in excitement, lifting the puppy and looking at him in adoration.
I sighed in defeat and placed my chin in my hands. Why did I think it was a good idea to get a puppy? A few days ago I was convinced that this little creature would be the perfect birthday gift for my girlfriend. Well, it seemed like it was. But I was growing the feeling that it was even too good.
All (y/n) did was spending time with the little Bear (that's the name she gave him), barely giving me any attention.

"Look at him Leo! Isn't he the cutest?", I heard her ask and I turned my head towards her. She looked at me with a happy gilt in her eyes that made my heart skip a beat. I smiled at her happy expression and hummed in agreement.

Normally we would go on a date every Saturday night but I didn't think that would happen today.
She was way too occupied with Bear than to care about date night.
If only - wait a moment - I had an idea.

"Thanks man, I appreciate it.", I said on the phone, quickly looking over my shoulder to see (y/n) playing with the dog. "Of course, I'll be there in about ten minutes.", Jason said on the other side of the line before hanging up.
I sighed and quickly walked to the bedroom to change out of my sweatpants and into something more appropriate for a night out.

As soon as I walked back to the living room, (y/n) looked up to me and frowned. "Why are you dressed so nicely?", she asked. "Were going out for dinner.", I replied and smiled at her confused expression. "But- What about the Bear?"
The moment she said that, the doorbell rang which made her look even more confused. "Who's that?", she asked and I chuckled: "You'll see.". With that I casually walked towards the door and opened it. On the other side I found Jason smiling at me. I let him in and whispered a quick "Thank you." when he walked by.

"He is going to watch Bear.", I said, turning my attention back to (y/n).
"Are you sure that's okay for you?", she asked, turning to Jason. He nodded and bend down to gently pat Bears head.
(y/n) walked to the bedroom to change when I approached the son of Jupiter. "I really own you something.", I said, lightly scratching my neck. Jason laughed: "I can't believe you're making me babysit a puppy.". "Me neither but here we are.", I responded quietly chuckling.
A few moments later (y/n) walked back to the hallway. "You look great.", I complimented her, causing a light blush to creep up her cheeks. Before going outside she quickly hugged Jason and placed a kiss upon Bears head. I grabbed her hand and we walked to our car.

Before I even started the engine she chuckled and said: "You're so cute, you know that?". Now it was my turn to look confused: "I'm sure you're right but why?".
"You're cute when you're jealous."