It's Leos Birthday!!

Since todays Leos birthday I came up woth a little birthday story!
I hope you like it :)
--●--●--●--●--●--

"Percy! Why did you have to make it blue?!"
"'Cause I like blue! I promise it's red on the inside."

I let out a long breath and placed my hand over my face. Why couldn't everything just go to plan once?

First Piper forgot to buy the decoration, then, of course, Percy had to put a thick layer of blue frosting around the cake when it was supposed to be red and on top of all, Leo almost found out.

This morning he had been desperate to spend some time with me and I had to pretend like I had no idea what day it was.
He seemed very sad after our conversation and I hoped that the party would make it up to him.

Who would have thought that planning your boyfriend a surprise party would actually cost your last nerves?

"It's alright Percy. We don't have time to change it anyways. Just put it on the table next to the other stuff."
"Yes!", Percy cheered which caused him to almost drop the cake. Thankfully he had good reflexes and he quickly sat the cake on the wodden table.

"How's it going with the decoration, Pipes?", I asked, turning around to face the daughter of Aphrodite. She just gave me a thumps up while continuing to blow up ballons.
"Music?", I asked, turning again, now facing Will. "Music's ready (y/n).", he replied, smiling widely at me.

"Alright. At least something's working.", I mumbled.
From the other side of the room I heard Annabeth say: "I think you can go get Leo. We'll finish everything up and hide when you're coming.". "Right. Thanks Annie, almost forgot about the most important person of this party.", I chuckled and started to head out the big house to look for my boyfriend.

It took me some minutes to find him but eventually I spotted him sitting alone at the beach. His back was facing me and he was absently drawing figures in the sand. I walked up behind him and sat down right next to him.

We sat next to one another in silence until I quietly asked: "Everything alright?". Leo didn't answer, he just shrugged his shoulders and continued to watch the waves hitting the shore.
The sun was now slowly sinking beneath the surface of the water, turning the sky into a light orange.

It hurt me to see him like this, especially because I was the reason. "Can I show you something?", I asked, laying a hand on his shoulder. He nodded slowly and replied: "Sure"

So we both stood up, the sand crunching beneath our feet, and I quickly took his hand in mine.
While we were walking in silence, I felt him gently squeezing my hand in his. I smiled at this sign of affection.

As soon as we stood in front of the big house, his brows scrunched together in confusion: "What are we doing here?". "You'll see.", I whispered before pulling him up the stairs and inside the huge building.

Inside the lights were turned off and since it was almost dark outside, I couldn't really make out anything inside the room.

"Wha-", Leo started to ask again but in that moment the light was turned on and at least 20 campers jumped out from behind the multiple couches: "HAPPY BIRTHDAY LEO", they shouted.

To my surprise I was also able to make out Hazel, Frank and Reyna who had apparently just arrived from Camp Jupiter. I let go of Leos hand as all of them approached him to shower him with hugs and wishes of congratulations.

Will was quick to turn on the music and soon everyone was distributed in the room while dancing or eating.

I was catching up with Hazel when I felt a tap on my shoulder. When I turned around I saw Leo standing in front of me with a big smile on his face. "Hey.", I said, matching his happy expression. "Can we talk very quick?", he asked but didn't even wait for me to answer and just grabbed my hand to drag me away from Hazel.

As soon as we got to a more quiet corner, I was captured in a big loving hug. I instanly returned the gesture, feeling his steady heartbeat against mine. A few moments later he whispered with a raspy voice: "Thank you, mi amor.".

I pulled away from the warm hug and gently kissed his lips: "Of course. I'm happy you like it.". "Like it? I LOVE it.", he laughed and softly kissed my cheek.
"I'm glad.", I chuckled: "You don't know what a chaos this was to plan."
"Well it turned out perfect.", he mumbled.

Suddenly one of my favourite songs started to play and Leo grabbed my hand. "Care to dance with me?", he asked, mocking a bow. I jokingly did a curtsy and grabbed his other hand.

He pulled me to the middle of the room and we started to dance. The others surounded us and cheered, but eventually a few other couples joined us.

This was worth the chaos.