Unexpected

Alana

I wake up at 9 am. Michael is out with a friend. I need to get ready to go see Luke at IHop. I take a shower, put on pants and a t-shirt. And fix my hair. I put my hair in a regular braid and fix my make up. I go for a more natural look and put on my vans.

I grab my phone and head to IHOP. I arrive at the resturant and see Luke waiting outside. "Hey Luke." I wave awkwardly to him. He just smiles and hugs me. I hug back. Ge gifes amazing hugs oh my God! "Shall we go inside?" He asks. He holds the door open for me and we walk to the front counter. "What can I do for you?" A younger woman asks Luke. "I have a reservation. Luke Hemmings." Luke responds. She just stares at him. Did she even listen? He snaps his fingers and repeats. She awkwardly smiles and walks us to our table.

"Thank you so much Luke. This is nice." I say to him. He smiles and says, "I really want you to know me and I hope we can become good friends, then maybe something can grow from that. I know it will take time. I still haven't even appologized yet." I smile at him. He is so nice. He appologized over text. It was sencire and he even asked me to breakfast to appologize in person. He believes what he is doing isn't good enough. He knows that the thought of a relationship with him would take time. He has reachable expectations. He knows what he's doing.

"Luke. I forgive you. Your text was nice, but you invited me to breakfast to prove that you wanted to appologize. That's good enough. A relationship though,as you know will take time. If it happens, it happens, but not now. Now we need to start slow. Friendship." I tell him. His smile becomes big and cheery. "Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! You wont regret it I promise!" He replies.

20 minutes later, our food arrives. I ordered pancakes with eggs and hash browns. Luke ordered the chocolate chip pancakes with eggs, bacon, and hash browns. I guess all the boys eat a lot. We don't talk too much, but then Luke breaks the silence. " so, um, do you talk to Michael a lot or any of the other boys?" I guess I should tell him. "Michael and I live yogether. For now. We aren't dating. The other boys, I talk to sometimes. Ashton just appologized yesterday." He looked at me nervous. "You- you live together?" He asked. I nod slowly and said, "we don't do anything if that's what you are wondering. He's out with a friend today anyway. He said he might spend the night at his friend's house tonight anyway." I replied a little annoyed. I don't sleep with Michael. I know it may sound like it's a possibility, but we don't and wouldn't.

Luke looked at me confused then said, "Which friend? Calum, Ashton and I are at my house. They aren't seeing Michael today. And he only ever talks to us or-" he stopped. Who else? "Who?" I ask calmly. "Her name is Mariah. She lived in Michael's neghborhood. She goes to our school. They are pretty buddy-buddy,if you know what I'm saying." Luke replies. His tone is soft. I feel like my heart is shattered. I know we weren't dating, but I liked him. Maybe he liked me too. Maybe him calling me 'babe' or 'baby' is just the way he talks. I'm so stupid. I let this happen again. We can still be friends, but I have to let go of whatever feelings I have for Michael.

Michael

"Stop it Mariah! Stop tickling me you weirdo." I laugh. Mariah. She's amazing. She lived in my neighborhood. I always loved her, but I started to like Alana. I can't let that happen,but I want her. I don't want her to like someone else. Maybe I can date both and see how this goes. "Ok fine." Mariah says laughing. She goes to the kitchen and begins to cook breakfast, God she's perfect. Just like Alana, perfect. They both are perfect. I can't let anyone take those away.

"I'm going to stay the night Mariah!" I shout to her. "Cool! You can stay in my bed cause the guest room is still a mess. Moving in is just so much work." She giggles at the end.

Mariah moved a little further from my neighborhood. So now, I can keep Mariah and Alana apart. Opposite sides of town, no problem. Everything will be fine.

I pull out my phone and text Alana.

I'm going to stay at my friend's house over night. There is some money I left on the counter so you can buy something to eat or whatever.

She replies later.

Ok. Thanks. I'm out with Luke. He took me to breakfast. Me and him are on good terms now.

She went with Luke. Why? He's no good for her. I am perfect for her. I can and will take away her pain and hurting. I can be there for her, Luke can't.

Luke

Alana's face dimmed. "Michael said he is going to stay at his friend's house tonight." She said softly. She seems hurt by this. Does she like him? Well he isn't right for her. I am. I can take away her hurt. He is known to cheat,so it's a good thing I came in before they started liking each other.

"I could stay over if you want. It could be like a sleep over. I could sleep on the couch." I say. She looks at me and says, " I don't know if that's a good idea Luke." I shake my head and tell her it's fine. She hesatates for a while then agrees. I need to get my things from my house first.

I pay for the food and I drive her to my house. "The boys are here if you want to say 'hi'." I tell her. She smiles and nods. I unlock the door and the first thing I see is Calum walking downstairs naked. "What the hell are you doing?" I ask. " you ran out of towels so I went to look for a new one. Sheesh. Oh hey Alana! I would hug you, but, well, you know." Oh Calum. "I'm so sorry Alana." I say as I shake my head. She just giggles and says that it's fine. She has the cutest giggle.

She walks over to the couch and sits bext to ashton. I run upstairs and grab my things. When i finnished, I walk downstairs and call for Alana. "Ash, I'm staying at Alana's for the night. Make sure Calum doesn't burn the house." I yell. He just nodds. Alana and I head for her house, which she says is acctually at a motel. I wouldn't be surprised because of the income of a teenager is quite too low for a house. Alana told me everything. Her moving, her friends, Adam, her parents, school, ex boyfriends, everything. I feel so bad for her.

We arrive at the motel and we walk in the room. We walked in on something we did not need to see. Michael and Mariah.

________________________________

Don't hate me guys! Sorry!

Love y'all