Darlin' You'll be Okay

Alana

"Hey honney, how was school?" My mom asked me from the kitchen. Today was awful. Dave and his friends ganged up on me before school. Everyone was watchimg and they all laughed.

"It was ok. Nothing special or different happened today." I said to her. "It's all the same." I mumbled under my breath.

"Ok honney. Can you help me set the table? Your father will be home shortly." She asked. I nodded and helped her set the table.

She didn't notice my slight limp. That's great. The boys knocked me to the floor. They kicked me in the stomach amd bruised my right leg. Looks like running will no longer be my option for a while.

By the end of the day, my locker was filled with papers telling me to kill myself amd cut. Others told me to swallow pills to end my life. Some told me to shoot myself. A few told me to drink bleach. I've become use to them. I don't want to die. My parents still want me. They're really bussy trying to keep me healthy and are constantly thinking of work and what has to be done to notice what is going on in my life. I love them so much and I know they love me too. I can't give up on them, they've never given up on me.

"Ok thanks for helping me. Noe go wash up so you can eat." My mom said giving me a smile.

I'm a freshman now. Still trying to figure out high school, then again, who isn't trying to figure out high school?

I lift up my short to reveal large bruises on my stomach. At least they're not visible.

~

After dinner, I go upstairs to start my homework. I don't have too much to do luckily. I pull out my school lap top and begin to look up answers to my vocabulary book. Once I find the answers, I write them in. Today is just not the day to do this.

Afterwards I start my Algebra which takes me about twenty minutes to complete. Algebra is quite easy.

Now that I finnish my homework, I have free time. I look around my room and decide to shower. I need it.

I hop in the shower and start to think...

Should I die?

Would it be painful?

Would everyone be happier?

I mean, my parents wouldn't notice. Adam hasn't talked to me in a while. A few months now. He has his own life. If I die today, six months later, I would deffinately be forgotten. A distant memory.

I hop out of the shower and cloth myself.

How would I go?

I can overdose. It seams less painful.

I will do it later. When my parents are asleep. The least I can do is tell them goodnight and how much I love them.

I play music on my phone and lay in bed. Staring at the cealing. Thinking, what would it be like to die?

I fall asleep.

I wake up to one of my favorite songs, Hold On Till May by Pierce the Veil.

"We've all been there sometimes, but tonight, I'll make you feel beautiful once again." I sang along to Vic's voice. I've always admired his voice. It's different. The band it self is different. They sometimes add the hispanic music to their post-hardcore sound. It's different and they put so much effort and time and passion into their music. That's a few reasons why I love them.