The Flash Story

The One Earth government is seen standing around a table at the Fortress of Solitude, thinking about how to keep their plan of conquest will continue.

Regime WW: The Duplicates. They've incited insurrection.

Sinestro: We must suppress this filth.

Black Adam: Willfulness leads to anarchy. It cannot be allowed to spread.

Superman: [Sitting in a chair; conflicted] I made them safe. Shielded them. But are they grateful? Do they appreciate my protection? [Clutches fist] No... They whine. Complain. Side with those criminals. [Turns to the group] If they prefer chaos, I'll give it to them. [Walks over to them] Metropolis and Gotham. I'll flatten 'em. Set an example. [Flash, Shazam and Yellow Lantern walk in] Then I'm finding the dimension these duplicates came from. They'll pay for interfering.

Shazam: [Confused] Wait. We're wiping out whole cities? Invading worlds in other dimensions?!

Superman: [Serious] You have a problem, Billy?

Shazam: Well, yeah... It's crazy. It's going too far.

Regime WW: Man's world is incapable for self-rule. We will preserve order.

Shazam steps up and Flash attempts to stop him, only to be grabbed by Yellow Lantern.

Shazam: No... No... There have to be limits. Even on us. Especially on us!

Superman: [Not interested in this] That's enough.

Shazam: We can't do this. Have you gone nuts?! Lois would never want--

That was the last straw. Superman charges at Shazam and grabs him by the neck.

Shazam: [Lifts hand] Sha--

Superman freezes Shazam's mouth shut and uses his heat vision to take out his eye sight and ultimately kills him. After Shazam is dead, Superman lets go of him and just lets him drop to the ground.

Superman: [To the group] Anyone else? [No response; turns to Cyborg and Raven] Cyborg. Raven. Take control of all media broadcasts. I want everyone to see this. [Turns to WW, Hawkgirl and Black Adam] Wonder Woman. Hawkgirl. Adam. You're with me. [Turns to Sinestro] Sinestro. Prepare your ground forces. [Turns to Lantern and Flash] Lantern. Flash. Get Doomsday ready.

Superman looks down at Shazam, but just walks off as everyone else follows him. Solomon Grundy walks over to Yellow Lantern and Flash and they look down at Shazam.

YL: [To Grundy] Take him outside.

Solomon Grundy: [Picks up Shazam's dead body] Grundy dig hole. Grundy bury.

Flash pats Shazam's body and nods at Grundy. He then looks down at the floor, the same spot that Shazam was just layed out by Superman, and starts thinking about what it is they're doing, until he finally realizes that maybe...

Flash: He was right. This isn't what we signed up for.

He begins walking over to Yellow Lantern thinking he'd actually see to reason, but instead Hal Jordan just shrugs him off.

YL: We did our job. We eliminated crime.

Flash: Billy wasn't a criminal. He was--

YL: [Stops him] A casualty of war. Acceptable losses.

Flash: [Can't believe what he's hearing] Acceptable?! [Lantern turns to him] I let myself believe we were making things better. But we're not. I can't do this anymore. Not after Y/n died. I'm done.

YL: [Stops him from leaving] You have a death wish?! There is no 'done'!

Flash: Maybe not for you. Goodbye, Hal.