The Bird and The Bat: Nightwing and Batgirl Story

It's currently night out and Y/n and Barbara are in bed, enjoying their sweet embrace, and letting the sweet night envelop them. All is well in the world until Y/n starts shifting and sweating in his sleep, by the looks of it a nightmare. He jumps up and looks all around him until his eyes are met with Barbara.

He lightly gives her a kiss on the cheek and slowly gets up from the bed and walks over to the door, before looking back at his sleeping wife

He lightly gives her a kiss on the cheek and slowly gets up from the bed and walks over to the door, before looking back at his sleeping wife. He eventually makes it up to the roof and looks at the moon in its glory. Y/n starts kicking and punching at the air, trying to train, as a means of trying to fight his nightmares.

To Barbara, still sleeping:

Slowly but surely, Barbara wakes up and looks around the room, not finding a single trace of Y/n. She then gets out from the bed and goes over to the window, and from outside she sees a shadow moving from the roof and sighs in worry.

Barbara: [Worried] Y/n...

Back to Y/n:

Y/n continues to train till all the sweat appears on his skin, but from behind him he hears a whistle which causes him to turn around to see Barbara, only...

(Best picture of Barbara in a nightgown)

She was dressed up in a nightgown and walking towards him, with a forced smile on his face. Once next to him, Barbara sits down next to Y/n and puts her hand on her shoulder.

Barbara: [Concerned] You do know if you've got nightmares, you could talk about it instead of coming out to the cold just to train, right?

Y/n: [Chuckles] It's been... rough, but I'm glad I've got someone to take care of it. The issue is I've been thinking about Damian and... and Jason... After figuring out that he's still out there and alive, it's been the only thing I've been able to think about.

Barbara: Wanna talk about it?

Y/n: [Sighs; puts hand over Barbara's] Why not?

*Flashback*
(Years after dealing with Superman)