➵ Fallen Companion

↡↡↡

You were collecting firewood when it happened

The Orcs rushed in, coming from nowhere. The logs you had collected were, at first, thrown at the Orcs, but as they came close, you changed to the dual sword Galadriel had given you.

And you have not once ever used dual swords in your life.

"Orcs!" You yelled out as you stabbed one of them through the heart. "Orcs!"

You hoped your yells were loud enough for the rest of the Fellowship to hear. Boromir was collecting firewood as well and shouldn't be too far away.
You started to run to get higher ground. You were unfamiliar with the blades, so you tucked one away and used a single sword.

The Orcs screamed, roaring as loud as they could as they charged forward. As a hand grabbed your own, you raised your sword a spun on your heel, stopping yourself as soon as you saw two Hobbits.

"Merry, Pippin." You said their names as they dragged you away.

"Come on, we've to hide." Merry jumped into a small ditch. Pippin followed in, and before you went in after them, you looked around you. "Y/n, hurry."

You jumped down into the ditch. A log and a bush covered you from the Orcs that started to run in your direction. You heard the clashing of swords nearby and you gripped the blade you held on to.

"Merry, look!" Pippin hit Merry slightly as he pointed over to a tree. Frodo lain in the dip of a tree root. 

"Frodo!" Merry yell whispered, catching the Hobbit's attention.

"Get over here, quickly!" Pippin gestured, but you saw the look on the Hobbit's eyes. He shook his head with a guilty look in his eyes. As if he was saying 'sorry' to his friends. "What's he doing?"

"He's leaving." You answer the Hobbit as  you lessen the grip on your blade.

Pippin looks distraught for a moment before he jumps out from the hiding space, Merry quickly jumping up with him. The holler of an Orc stops them to getting to Frodo. You quickly scramble to your feet and grab the Hobbits.

"Frodo, get up." You didn't look at the Ring-bearer as you eyed the hills, searching for the first Orc that dared to come closer to you. "Get up and run."

"Hey!" Merry yelled out as a few Orcs started to run into your view. "Over here! Hey!"

The Orcs took notice of the yells and started to run towards the four of you. You never wanted to drag Merry and Pippin into the fight, but they were dragging themselves in at this point. Frodo quickly took the opportunity to get up and run as fast as his legs could carry him.

"Look, Merry!" Pippin laughed, "It's working!"

"We all know it's working, Pippin, now let's move!" You shoved the Hobbits to make them have a head start in running. If you had a quiver of arrows, you'd be shooting the Orcs down, but all you had was your bow. So it was was swords that you were left to use.