➵ Uruk Hai Army

↡↡↡

A battle was bringing itself to Helms Deep. Saruman's army of Uruk Hai was making it's way to Helms Deep. The King had too many doubts of anyone coming to help.

"He won't send out any riders." You stopped Aragorn as he went walk away. "Rohan will fall if we do not send out for help."

"Thèoden has no faith in help. He is a stubborn man, he won't send out riders..." Aragorn sighed, looking out over the wall view. An idea came to mind and it visibly showed on his face. "Lothlorien is not a hard ride away. It is closer than Gondor..."

"Aragorn..." Legolas stepped in between you man, as if the Elf knew what Aragorn was thinking. "That is not a wise decision."

"It's our only choice if we want to have a chance." Aragorn glanced at a guard as he walked past. It was early morning and everyone was already preparing for battle.

As Aragorn moved last Legolas, the Elf sighed himself and closed his eyes. He knew Aragorn was right. Rohan would fall if no one set out for help.

And you already knew what Aragorn was thinking the moment he looked over the wall.

"Y/n..." Aragorn placed an arm on your shoulder. "I would not ask you this if I had no other choice-"

"I'm the best on horse back out of anyone of you. I speak Elvish and I've spoken my way in and out of crisis situations before." You had a serious look on your face as you bragged about yourself. "I'll buy you time as best I can."

"What? What's going on? Why do you people speak in riddles?" Gimli demanded to know as he stomped his axe on the floor.

"Master Gimli," You turned around to the dwarf, kneeling down to his height. "I'm going to ride to Lothlorien to gather an Elf army. With or without them, I promise you I'll come back."

Gimli opened his mouth to say something, but he gave up and nodded, bowing his head at you slightly. The dwarfs eyes flicked behind you, and you returned to your true height as Legolas stood behind you.

"I'll put your braids up to the test. When I ride fast, it's like a wind storm." You picked up a small piece of your hair.

"I wish you safe travels and a quick return." He raised his arm towards you and you took it. Holding on to his upper wrist. This was an Elf thing which you didn't fully understand the meaning of, but you would respect it as best you could.

You glanced back at Aragorn. "Don't let him miss me too much."

You then made your way to the stables, leaving the three of them with themselves. They all watched you leave to gather your things, and for that p, they would give you a moments peace.

"I may not understand the gibberish your tongue speaks, Elf." Gimli walks around, stroking his beard slightly. "But I do understand that look you frequently give the lady."

"Pardon?" Legolas was confused.

Aragorn suppressed a laugh. "Come Gimli, do not toy with his mind."

↡↡↡

The horse you rode was in a ginger coat, long strong legs and thick muscle. You carried less of your weapons to help the horse ride faster. Her name was Elodie. You set off quickly, leaving no time for proper goodbyes, and you left Legolas, Aragorn and Gimli to see you ride off into the distance beyond the hills.

You were the perfect rider. You only had to make a straight cut down towards Lothlorien, but the Uruk Hai would be at Helms a deep by nightfall, leaving you with little time to spare. You rode along the shore of Fanhorn Forest. Insengard was just over the mountains, so you took a short detour to create a rock-a-lacnhe to slow them down.When you got to the edge of Lothlorien, the sun was starting to set. And you were growing restless, you wouldn't be taking No for an answer.