➵ Friend or Foe

↡↡↡

You took the path towards your old home. This was the direction you told the Hobbits to go, but so far, there had been no sight of them.
But the area grew to look familiar.

The rocks you dug into the ground to create a pathway to the hollow tree-trunk. The old blanket that rest on the ground was dirty and moss started to grow on the edge of it. The carving on the inside of the tree.

A smile found its way to your face as you stuck your head inside

A smile found its way to your face as you stuck your head inside. 300 years ago, you called this place home. You lived here for 25 years. The Ents were slightly sceptical of you living in their forest, but they allowed you to stay.
Up higher in the hollow tree, a bow laid on a wooden hook you hammered into the tree. And 12 arrows lain near it.

You took them in your hand, now having a weapon in your possession. You got out of the tree hollow, having the quiver of arrows in a leather sack that you weren't sure how strong it was.
The sun was rising through the trees, seeking through some of the leaves.

The slightest twitch of a breach made you spin around and aim the bow at the sound.
There was nothing in the way. Just trees. And the trees started to groan.

Something was watching you. With the arrow matching up to your lips, you exhaled, seeing your breath due to the cold of the forest.
There was a figure in the trees, it's back turned to you.

You started to move backwards, your eyes leaving the figure for just a moment to get your footing in the tree. You climbed the tree, arrow still pointing at the figure.
You were well high enough in the tree to get a good look at the figure.

There was four figures, barely see able to your eyes. You tilted your head up a small bit. You couldn't tell if they were Orc or not.
You pulled the arrow back, aiming for the forest ground at the foot of one of the figures.
You breathed in and let go of the arrow, letting fly through the trees and land just where you wanted it to.

You hid behind the safety of the hollow tree as you waited for the figures to reveal themselves.
You were struck when you saw Gilmi run out with his axe I'm his hand. The trees groaned once more.

Your jaw dropped as you saw Aragorn and Legolas run out after him and your eyes widened as you saw Gandalf calmly stroll out from the bush.
Legolas told Gimli to put his axe down as the Elf himself held on to his bow and arrow.