Where? Why? How?

Ryou...

Zorc...

Their voices are mute...

Ryou...

Zorc...

Neither can be seen...

Ryou...

Zorc...

Bakura's going mad...

Ryou...

Zorc...

Are you even there...?

To break the silence...?

To cry, growl, or roar...?

To break out of Bakura's haven...?

Ryou...

Zorc...

Where are thou...?

****

The fan produces enough wind power to give anyone else a chill through their skin. With Bakura, however, the feeling is null. He doesn't know whether it is due to the physical condition that damned thief gave to him, or his unbridled rage giving up on him. Either way, it is pathetic...

Where is he anyway? Bakura recognizes it as a living room with a small kitchen attached to it, but why would he be here? He hears an unfamiliar jingle that sounds catchy at first, but then it would repeat itself over and over... and then it stops. Bakura groans, mutters to himself, and glances at the new setting. With this, however, he gains more questions than he would've liked. Why is he wrapped in a blanket? Was this all a dream? Then why the backdrop behind the window reveal the same forest he had been in previously? What is this "Netflix" that the television displays?

. . . Then the jingle starts again.

Bakura: Blasts! What the hell is that?!

Xavier: Y-You're awake! Sorry about that, I think Gabe's mom left her phone at home again...

Bakura instinctively reaches his hand for his chest. Sure enough, the Millennium Ring is back where it belongs... While the relief gives a quick euphoria, it dissipates once he catches eye on Xavier. That boy... He recognizes him.

Bakura: You! Where are we?!

Xavier: Um, this is my friend Gabe's house. Sorry, I probably should've waken you up, shouldn't I? The others went off to order breakfast, so it's just you and me right now... I'm Xavier...

Bakura: (his breathing gives pain to his chest, but he dare not clutch it and look weak)

Xavier: . . . S-Sorry... about everything...

Bakura: . . . Where are we? In a grander scale?

Xavier: Denver, Colorado. Were you... not always in Denver?

Bakura: How far would it be from Domino City, would you say?

Xavier: Uhhhh... I don't think I have ever heard of that city name... I mean, there's Domino's Pizza, but I highly doubt you're talking about that, heh heh... F-Forget I said that...

Bakura: (sighs) It's a famous city in Japan, how the hell could you not know where it is? I'd doubt even a regular foreigner such as yourself would have never heard of it.

Xavier: I'm... sorry? I'll look it up...

Bakura stares at Xavier's device, an overwhelming rush of confusion entering. Wherever he is, this "Denver, Colorado" has some kind of technology boost compared to what they have back in Domino City. This is especially weird considering that one the most influential figures there, Seto Kaiba, could have easily made this sort of device Xavier has.