CHAPTER XXXI - OBLIVIOUS

April 2012. 16:57. STARK TOWER, Manhattan, New York City. NY.

Third Person POV.

As the god of mischief made his way crawling on the floor, he stopped his movements when he felt a presence behind him. Freezing in his place, his eyes widened just slightly and slowly he turned his head around, the sight making him know instantly that he had been defeated.

From left to right, Tony stood looking at him, hate in his eyes. Sophia was standing beside her brother with a look that could actually kill him over and over again. Steve stood beside Sophia, shield in his arm looking down at the man that had caused so much pain, destruction and harm to the city he called home. Thor was looking at his brother with rage in his eyes, a fire igniting them that at some point, Sophia might've feared to be on the receiving end of his glare. Natasha was holding the scepter in her hands as she looked down at the god. Clint was crouching in front of everyone as he pointed an arrow to the god's head, right between his eyes. The urge to just let the arrow go was eating him alive, but he held the urge and pushed it down, knowing it would be of no good. And finally, the Hulk stood behind them, breathing heavily and snarling at the god.

He hated the man.

Loki knew he was done for, there was no escape from this or outcome where he came out winning, just like Tony had said before. His plan was ruined because he never thought they could actually make it, but he was wrong oh so wrong.

-If it's all the same to you, I'll have that drink now.- Loki said as he shifted in his place, trying to ease the pain that was filling his bones and every inch of his body after the Hulk had smashed him against every surface available in the building.

-Keep dreaming, Wayne's World.- Sophia said, annoyed and Tony snorted.

She was learning quickly, he thought.

----------------------------------------------

ONE WEEK LATER

Sophia's hand went to turn off the radio as she arrived at her destination. Staring outside, she saw her brother's car was already there, along with a vintage motorcycle that she knew all too well. At the same time a black sleek car that had S.H.I.E.L.D. logos on the front doors arrived, parking on the other side of the street. Sophia parked her car just in front of the motorcycle a few feet away.

Turning off the engine, she stepped out and once everyone had gotten out of their vehicles, she started walking with them. At the sound of heels clicking against the cobblestoned floor, Steve's head turned to his right.

Walking in all her glory and natural light that seemed to follow her everywhere she went, Steve saw Sophia approaching them with firm steps, never faltering. As he looked at her, he couldn't stop his lips from parting slightly and his eyes widened a little.